Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I got a used head off Ebay to replace the one on my 1995 CBR900. After I got the head, I did a comparison with the old one. Looks like the new head does not have the water nipple... Please see attached picture.

Are there different versions of heads for SC28 motors? Can I still use the head? Just plug the water hose from water pump????

Also, why the new head has a small hole? (see on the picture with question mark)

Attachments

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,045 Posts
Hi all,

I got a used head off Ebay to replace the one on my 1995 CBR900. After I got the head, I did a comparison with the old one. Looks like the new head does not have the water nipple... Please see attached picture.

Are there different versions of heads for SC28 motors? Can I still use the head? Just plug the water hose from water pump????

Also, why the new head has a small hole? (see on the picture with question mark)
Your replacement head is an SC33 head from a 98-99. Those years went to a different water pump, thermostat set up. The 6mm threaded hole you have circled on the replacement head is for the newer thermostat housing mount.

My 99 head:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your replacement head is an SC33 head from a 98-99. Those years went to a different water pump, thermostat set up. The 6mm threaded hole you have circled on the replacement head is for the newer thermostat housing mount.

My 99 head:

Crap.... I will have to junk this head?

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,045 Posts
Crap.... I will have to junk this head?
I don't know if it will work or not. I've never done a swap like that. You might want to clean up and re-sell it. I'm sure there are SC28 heads out there for you.

Do some more research on if an SC33 will work. There may be some modifications that need to be made.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts