Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I was riding yesterday and I hit a hugeeee bump in the road. I didn't think anything of it and got about 500 feet and all of a sudden it just lost power and died. I tried restarting and it would start with the choke all the way on for about 5 seconds and then just die out. After awhile of sitting waiting for my friend it wouldn't start at all... I haven't had a chance to check anything and am a complete noob so any input would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
902 Posts
So I was riding yesterday and I hit a hugeeee bump in the road. I didn't think anything of it and got about 500 feet and all of a sudden it just lost power and died. I tried restarting and it would start with the choke all the way on for about 5 seconds and then just die out. After awhile of sitting waiting for my friend it wouldn't start at all... I haven't had a chance to check anything and am a complete noob so any input would be much appreciated.
As you got her going with the choke on i would say that the carb or carbs have poped out of the rubber intake to the air box, letting to much air. Have a look there first:thumb:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Possibly some other connector could have popped loose.

On my previous bike, the clutch switch was required as part of the circuit to start the bike. Well, it had worked itself loose at one of the connectors, but not all the way, so sometimes it would start, sometimes not, it was maddening till I found what was wrong.

In light of a big bump, check connectors and the pump relay (The switch that resembles points from an old ignition system on the back of the fuel pump), as well

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.