Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So according to the OEM Honda numbers, the front wheel (44650-MW0-405ZA) was only used on 93 and 94 while the 95-97 has a different front wheel number (44650-MAE-305ZA). The rear (42650-MAE-315ZA) fits 93-95.

So what would I need to put the 95 wheel set on 94?

Thank you

·
Registered
541 Posts
Would Garrett not lose the speedo drive as a result - no speedo in the UK is illegal (or is it just breaking the speed limit?) mmmmmmm

Is no speedo a problem in good old USofA?

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,055 Posts
The speedo drive would be gone, but the gauge will be intact. In some states, the department of motor vehicles requires annual inspections, etc. Some states don't. Here in CT we don't have to get bikes inspected annually. Or at all for that matter. The DMV would have no way to know the speedo didn't work unless they rode it. They don't do that either. I rode my current build all year last year, no speedo (or gauge of any kind-just idiot lights), and had to register it (23 year old bike), do a new title etc. Nobody questioned anything except the VIN.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Mm - I'm all for making progress......

Guess you guys have more space, maybe fewer gatsos and police per road mile....

(Would be nice if it was so empty here these days).....

·
Registered
541 Posts
But back to Garrett's question... The later model speedo sprocket cover and sensor, and speedo, and some electric jiggerypokery would be needed....to retain a speedo (or an aftermarket item).....

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,055 Posts
But back to Garrett's question... The later model speedo sprocket cover and sensor, and speedo, and some electric jiggerypokery would be needed....to retain a speedo (or an aftermarket item).....
Correct, which is my intent on my current build. I had previously bought the speedo sensor, sprocket cover and the 600F4i gauges. But they won't do me any good until the engine is together ;). They'll be wired in soon enough.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Good luck... I keep considering the cbr600 clocks conversion... But have never got round to buying the clocks (expensive in the uk)...

·
Registered
541 Posts
The later model speedo, sprocket cover and sensor, and some electric jiggerypokery would be needed....to retain a speedo (or an aftermarket item).....
Perhaps should have mentioned that the sensor is located on / in the drive sprocket cover

Or you could use an aftermarket speedo...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts