Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one Love the cbr 900rr awesome bike. Problem free for 7 years but all of a sudden I'm having issue when starting. After I take a long ride bike will only start if I lean bike over to the left, very weird. If i put kick stand down and hold start button it will only start when bike leans over to rest on stand. I don't think the stand has anything to do with it because when the stand is up and I move to the left it does the same. Not sure if there is a sensor or something.
I should clarify, it does not TURN over till I tilt it. When it's tilted it turns over and starts as it should .
Thanks

·
Registered
92 Posts
There is safety cut off switch for the kickstand. Does the side-stand light on the dash come on when bike is upright and having this issue? Does your side stand-light work at all?

Check to see if starter is getting voltage when bike is upright, if so, faulty starter.

I would check starter button, ignition switch, kill switch, then wiring.

But since this happens after a "long ride", I would assume heat and expansion is involved. So I would suspect starter and side stand switch first. Buy a cheap multimeter and learn to check for voltage, very easy to do.

Can also very easily be loose wiring.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts