Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello every one
Love the cbr 900rr awesome bike. Problem free for 7 years but all of a sudden I'm having issue when starting. After I take a long ride bike will only start if I lean bike over to the left, very weird. If i put kick stand down and hold start button it will only start when bike leans over to rest on stand. I don't think the stand has anything to do with it because when the stand is up and I move to the left it does the same. Not sure if there is a sensor or something.
Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I should of explaine the no start better.
When I say it won't start it won't turn over till I lean it over. When it turns over it starts immediately. It won't turn over till I tilt it. Thanks

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,335 Posts
Hello every one
Love the cbr 900rr awesome bike. Problem free for 7 years but all of a sudden I'm having issue when starting. After I take a long ride bike will only start if I lean bike over to the left, very weird. If i put kick stand down and hold start button it will only start when bike leans over to rest on stand. I don't think the stand has anything to do with it because when the stand is up and I move to the left it does the same. Not sure if there is a sensor or something.
Thanks
I'd it's not cranking, its probably electrical. Leaning the bike is moving wires somewhere and allowing a connection. Break out the dmm and check for continuity
Yep, sounds like a loose connection, could even pe fuel pump related, or the fuel cut relay. Check your starter button to make sure its functioning properly, check the fuel pump connector, the fuel cut relay connection, the cables to and from the battery, and check your charging system connections (reg/rec, stator, and starter solenoid).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts