Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at acquiring this bike...but the fairings are all crap.

Anyone know anywhere that I can find a replacement set of fairings that isn't China?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have an Airtech belly pan that "they said they had to make for me" which fits ok. Airtech's phone # was from Los Angeles I believe. My upper cowling and tail are both "sharkskinz" but I don't know where they are manufactured.

I hope this will help.:idunno:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I have a 1995 Honda CBR 900RR and i was wondering if i could put a newer year fairings on her?

You can put whatever fairings you want on there as long as you're okay with making up the fairing mounting brackets. You will want the headlight and tail light off those fairings to make it easier though.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
No I didn't known that do you know of US made fairings and if I could put a newer year fairing on my 95??

Not painted and stickered.
AirTech do really nice stuff but you have to add the cost of painting.

Yes, you can run whatever fairings you want, you just need to modify things to suit them.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
No I didn't known that do you know of US made fairings and if I could put a newer year fairing on my 95??
Just curious :idunno: but what do you have against Chinese fairings?

They are actually quite well made now

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Just curious :idunno: but what do you have against Chinese fairings?

They are actually quite well made now

It was the OP that doesn't want Chinese plastic.
I agree, they're great value.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
It was the OP that doesn't want Chinese plastic.
I agree, they're great value.
The best site I have found is Aliexpress for aftermarket fairings.

They are very well made, lots of great feedback (customer satisfaction) and are roughly £100 cheaper than anywhere else I have seen :thumb:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
how hard would it be to put a fairing say off a 2000+ model on a 1995 900RR?

Do you mean a 929 fairing or some other bike?
I wouldn't consider it hard at all.
The biggest problems are likely to be supporting the mirrors and fitting the different headlight into the available space which will probably require modifying the front subframe.

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
98-99 front fairings fit:smilebig: that's what i'm putting on mine:plus1: you need to change the lights thou and yes you can get your back and the 98-99 front peaces painted I have asked!!! or you could get a hotbody tail:idunno: and just change the side peace and 99 front:thumb::thumb: and the hotbody rear:idunno:

·
Registered
5 Posts
No I have a 1995 honda CBR900RR and i was wondering how hard it would be to put a body off a newer year honda i heard they brough back the 900RR. or would it be worth the time to try and convert it? and i realy don't want to modify the subframe :-(
Do you mean a 929 fairing or some other bike?
I wouldn't consider it hard at all.
The biggest problems are likely to be supporting the mirrors and fitting the different headlight into the available space which will probably require modifying the front subframe.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts