Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my cbr was fine till a week ago....then i dont know what happened found this site and looking for help. was riding and power kicked out got it restarted and got home before it died found a burnt wire from my ignition relay and stator wires also burnt stator is 2months old must mention had bike hot wired (lost keys) i have since replaced ignition and replaced ignition relay...now i am getting no power supply at all no lights no nothing?..help please summer is almost here and i need to ride

·
Registered
224 Posts
If it is the stator wires running to the regulator/rectifier that are burnt, you will more than likely need to replace the regulator/rectifier and replace the burnt wires. Your battery, based on my recent experience, is toast as well.

If you have a manual run through the testing procedures for the charging system to double check.

When you hot wired the bike you might have cut the battery hot lead therefore making the bike run strictly off of the charging system until it went up in smoke.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
the wires at the regulator are not burnt. the stator wires at the plug and were...but i get nothing when i turn the key...no lights at all. battery is fine just swapped it out....help

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
my cbr was fine till a week ago....then i dont know what happened found this site and looking for help. was riding and power kicked out got it restarted and got home before it died found a burnt wire from my ignition relay and stator wires also burnt stator is 2months old must mention had bike hot wired (lost keys) i have since replaced ignition and replaced ignition relay...now i am getting no power supply at all no lights no nothing?..help please summer is almost here and i need to ride
Have you charged the battery?
Once you've charged the battery you can run some tests to determine if it's the stator or the regulator that's fried. My guess is the stator will need replacing.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have checked the 30amp fuse at the relay and replaced relay also have tested w/ multimeter and volts do drop @batter from 13 to 11

·
Registered
224 Posts
You need to check the cross resistance between the stator connections. If you have a manual it will list the resistance readings,but they should have range of 0.1-1.0 ohms between the three wires.

The voltage drop you listed is that under load with the starter?
Is the battery voltage reading 13.0 or 13.5?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I got it running....battery was bad and bad ground... replaced regulator last year just one more question. The battery before is about 13.4 and while udle is 14.6 but when i bring it to 8-9rpm it goes to alittle over 16v is that normal? cant find volt reading in manual only amps. like I said i replaced regulator this year and stator a month ago

·
Registered
1 Posts
I got it running....battery was bad and bad ground... replaced regulator last year just one more question. The battery before is about 13.4 and while udle is 14.6 but when i bring it to 8-9rpm it goes to alittle over 16v is that normal? cant find volt reading in manual only amps. like I said i replaced regulator this year and stator a month ago

Same issue what ground did you find to be bad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts