Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I just bought myself my first bike, a black and yellow 1996 Fireblade, and I love it!
I've been scouring the web for any tips to good discs and brakepads, but good info seems hard to find and I can't find any threads about my model on the forums when i search.

I've been searching ebay, but there are so much to choose from.
Anyone who can help me out with some tips? I'd like to find the best pads and discs available.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Hi!

I just bought myself my first bike, a black and yellow 1996 Fireblade, and I love it!
I've been scouring the web for any tips to good discs and brakepads, but good info seems hard to find and I can't find any threads about my model on the forums when i search.

I've been searching ebay, but there are so much to choose from.
Anyone who can help me out with some tips? I'd like to find the best pads and discs available.
I'm running Galfer wave rotors with stock Honda pads. I feel it's a great combination. I like this setup better than with Galfer pads..

·
Registered
101 Posts
2 things with the galfer pads., They threw dust off like no-bodies business. Pain in the ass with bright orange rims. Initial bit feels a little better with the Honda pads. I just put a set of HRC pads on my RC51 with stock calipers and rotors and THAT is the cats ass for stopping.

·
Registered
596 Posts
i used generic galfer knock off rotors from china/ebay, do a search here they've come up a bunch and everyone i see talk about them says they work great. Arashi or something like that. for pads i used EBC sintered HH and I think they work great, never had any problem stopping or getting a bit of air under the rear tire. but there are a lot of negative reviews so maybe i just don't push them that hard, ymmv

·
Banned
433 Posts
Hayabusa - top speed a few times to 205 mph, and at any speed, my EBC HH pads stops it regularly without any issues.
Most poor reviews are by uneducated people that have other brake issues and blame the pads for their ignorance. This forum has more misleading and false information than a tobacco company has during a congressional hearing. Buy anything you want except the Chinese garbage. They all work out of the box just fine. Don't forget to run in your pads as each company suggests. If your rotor is scored, you'll want a new set of those too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts