Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I've now got brand new pilot, main and Needle jets in my carbs and they're well balanced.
Just wondered has anyone done the Idle mixture drop setting that's listed in the Clymer manual but not in the Haynes manual. I've just got my air fuel screws wound out 3 turns.
Yes I know I should have counted them in when I started but had never heard of the idle drop setting.
Does it achieve much ?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Ok, I've now got brand new pilot, main and Needle jets in my carbs and they're well balanced.
Just wondered has anyone done the Idle mixture drop setting that's listed in the Clymer manual but not in the Haynes manual. I've just got my air fuel screws wound out 3 turns.
Yes I know I should have counted them in when I started but had never heard of the idle drop setting.
Does it achieve much ?

Blip the throttle, the tach should drop straight back to idle.
If the revs hang up then the mixtures are lean.
If the revs drop below idle then pick up then the mixtures are rich.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok thanks, seems simple enough. Since I put new jets and needles in it and balanced the carbs it runs great was just wondering about the mixture and the method in the Clymer manual seems long winded to me.

I'll go and warm her up and try blipping it.

Thanks for the advice

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Warmed her up tonight, blipped the throttle and she's beautifully smooth. Just rises nice and smooth and settles back to exactly the same idle, no hang up and no drop so think I might just ride it and see what she's like. If it ever stops raining !!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts