Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. This is my first post in the forum!

I bought my first fireblade a couple of days ago, and I'm very excited! It appears to be in good shape mechanically, but unfortunately the last owner was kind of an idiot, so it needs a little cosmetic tlc. He laid the bike down at about 15mph. It didn't do any serious damage other than taking a chunk out of the crankcase center cover. To be clear the clutch cover itself seems fine (Part #11330-MAS-000), but the center cover (Part #11371-MAS-000) is missing a chunk on the bottom. The previous owner didn't feel the need to replace this (*cringe*), and has ridden it this way for a couple years. I plan to replace it eventually, but I'd like to know if it's urgent. Can any more experienced owners offer some insight?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hey guys. This is my first post in the forum!

I bought my first fireblade a couple of days ago, and I'm very excited! It appears to be in good shape mechanically, but unfortunately the last owner was kind of an idiot, so it needs a little cosmetic tlc. He laid the bike down at about 15mph. It didn't do any serious damage other than taking a chunk out of the crankcase center cover. To be clear the clutch cover itself seems fine (Part #11330-MAS-000), but the center cover (Part #11371-MAS-000) is missing a chunk on the bottom. The previous owner didn't feel the need to replace this (*cringe*), and has ridden it this way for a couple years. I plan to replace it eventually, but I'd like to know if it's urgent. Can any more experienced owners offer some insight?

Thanks!

How could it possibly be urgent?
It's a purely aesthetic cover, take it off entirely if you don't like it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright, thanks. I wasn't sure if it served a more significant purpose than making the crankcase cover prettier. The older models didn't even have this piece.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts