Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question that I need some help with.I have a 1998 cbr 900.i was wondering if a set of wheels from a 1997 cbr 900 will fit ? Or if not what the difference is from 97 to 98 is . thanks in advance! Chris.

·
Registered
791 Posts
No it won't. Brake disc mounting is totally different. With discs of a carb blackbird and some crafty spacing on the calumets you might or might not make it work.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
No it won't. Brake disc mounting is totally different. With discs of a carb blackbird and some crafty spacing on the calumets you might or might not make it work.

What are calumets Morti?
Tried dictionary.com and still got nowhere :)

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Is that the only issue the calipers??

The "issue" with the '98/'98 900RR is that they changed the front end, in particular they put the forks wider apart, which changes several other things.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
So if I were to pick up a set of aftermarket wheels made for up to a 97' I couldn't make them work on my 98'.or if I could what major mods would I need to make?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
So if I were to pick up a set of aftermarket wheels made for up to a 97' I couldn't make them work on my 98'.or if I could what major mods would I need to make?

I don't think the front would go straight on but the rear is probably the same.
Whatever it takes to make the wheel fit the axle or vice versa, basically change bearings to suit and make up axle and bearing spacers.
Modify the forks/calipers to align them with the discs, and/or modify the discs to make them fit the calipers.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Have you seen anyone do this?

You don't need to "see" it.
You can fit any wheels to any bike.
You can run car wheels front and rear if you want to.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts