Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I am a newbie here. I ride a 98 Fireblade.

I am overhauling her at the moment and I am looking for the backing plastic facia for a revometer dial. There is nothing wrong with the speedo just the facia has melted...instrument lights burnt through it. So I don't want to buy a new set of clocks for £100

If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks

·
Registered
94 Posts
The issue is going to be that the face of the tach is silk screened on the plastic that makes up the face of the dial. You can buy an overlay for the face but if the plastic is "melted" your going to have a problem and that plastic part is not available as a replacement part.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The issue is going to be that the face of the tach is silk screened on the plastic that makes up the face of the dial. You can buy an overlay for the face but if the plastic is "melted" your going to have a problem and that plastic part is not available as a replacement part.
Yes that what I was wondering. If the needle pulls off I can remove the existing one and place a new overlay if you know where I can get them from?
It seems a common problem with the instrument light bulb burning through the plastic facia when the lights are used daytime.

·
Registered
94 Posts
The needle does pull off but I think the melted part is going to be the problem.

Let me look at one again and I'll see if I acn explain it better.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The needle does pull off but I think the melted part is going to be the problem.

Let me look at one again and I'll see if I acn explain it better.
I've Taken it apart and the fascia has a part number 26-VT01-08-00

I'll check it with Honda tomorrow..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Even with the exchange rate? The USD is weak against the Pound.
Well it's all relative I guess. £60 seems a bit pricey as I can get the complete tachometer used for £25. Tempting though as they look nice. I have found a guy who makes them to order here in the UK if anyone is interested.

[email protected] his name is Steve

1 - 14 of 14 Posts