Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I needed some suggestions about a 1999 900rr. Where can I get inexpensive fairings and what mods should i do to it to keep it fast without sacrificing reliability.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Seriously.... The bike is good enough as it is. I'm sure that's not what you want to hear, but the bike is really fast enough as it is. Who/what are you competing with you? Newer 1000s...? They may be faster, but I'd put money on rider skill. I have a 99 and love it to know end. If anything, watch that rear shock. I've had my 99 since 2002. My stock shock was done last year. I'm lookin to replace it with an Elka 3 way.

Fairings. You can still find them on Ebay, but you never know what you're gonna get. You may end up with an assortment of fairings. I don't think Honda even makes NEW replacement fairings.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Mods like new stainless braided lines and new brake fluid, sintered pads, a clean air filter, new tires, new fork oil and repaired/replaced shock, along with full leathers, can help you and your '99 go crazy fast.

If you asked about fairings because you don't have any on your bike, it will STILL go crazy fast without them but gets a bit windy back there. Helps keep the weight off your wrists!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You brought up another question for me also. I need to get another jacket. I was thinking about either getting a leather or a textile jacket. I know the leather is better but how much better than the textile?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Both work, but I have found that leathers are more confidence inspiring.
I've seen too many crashes in non-leather where the jackets ride up or the protective padding or cups get pushed out of position. The results of course are not good. I don't recommend anything but leather if you want to protect your flesh. If you want to protect your bones and organs as well wear fully-armoured leather, boots and gloves and a good back protector. The pants must be connected to the jacket right around the waist.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I have a 99 and plan on doing stage one dynojet..its true it doesnt need it and its a matter of taste..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I need parts for my bike. Does anybody have advice on where to get some? And is it possible to put a different tail on my bike such as a 929 or 954?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I need parts for my bike. Does anybody have advice on where to get some? And is it possible to put a different tail on my bike such as a 929 or 954?
Have you considered Ebay?
You can put any tail you want on your bike - it just depends on how much fabrication you're happy to take on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I want to get this thing together for the summer what do you think is the easiest way, and will I be able to use another bikes fairings such as the 929?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I want to get this thing together for the summer what do you think is the easiest way, and will I be able to use another bikes fairings such as the 929?
I have no idea when summer is in the US - or here for that matter. Our seasons don't vary enough for us to adjust our lives to suit :)
The easiest way is to buy '98/'99 parts that you need off Ebay if you can't find them locally.
I can't see any reason you couldn't run most modern sportsbike fairings.
All the 600's and 1000's are similar dimensions but or course you'd have to make or modify the mountings. Keep an eye on airflow to the radiator and oil cooler and you'd probably have to run lights that fit whatever fairing you run so expect to be doing wiring work as well.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, friends!
Please help! Search frontlight CBR 919 RR for 98 years last model.
I am from Bulgaria, here I can find.
So recourse to you for help!

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
I needed some suggestions about a 1999 900rr. Where can I get inexpensive fairings and what mods should i do to it to keep it fast without sacrificing reliability.
If you're planning to do an exhaust and air filter upgrade, you'll probably need to get the carb jets altered to suit them (Dynojet kit or sililar) - the 900's don't always respond well to these changes without re-jetting.

I'm not sure it makes that much of a difference in performance, but I prefer the look/sound of my (road legal) end can.

Suspension upgrades can be well worth it - I have an Ohlins shock and fork springs and had a much easier time over some bumpy roads than my mate on a 954 with standard kit.

But the 900 is fast enough as standard on the road, I've just been riding in a group with everything from a 600 Fazer, TDM 900, BMW GS12 and a 2009 Blade and we were all just as fast on the road.

If you really want more power, it's probably going to be cheaper to sell the Blade and buy a more powerful bike than throw lots of money at the 900.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Hello, friends!​

Please help! Search frontlight CBR 919 RR for 98 years last model.
I am from Bulgaria, here I can find.
So recourse to you for help!

Ebay is your best bet unless you want to buy new.
New is around US$300 - 1998 Honda Motorcycle Parts for CBR900RR, OEM and Aftermarket at BikeBandit.com

Also try here - For Sale - Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org

eBay Motors: HONDA CBR 98 900 CBR HEADLIGHT!!! (item 220395705807 end time Apr-23-09 18:22:51 PDT)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts