Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, stumbled across this forum and im hoping you can help. Im picking up my first fireblade tonight, its a 1999 900RR RRX. Now heres my problem, the owner attempted to chagne the plugs but has forgotten the order in which the HT leads go from the coils to the plugs.

Does anyone know which order the cylinders run looking down on the engine when sitting on the bike and which lead goes to which plug?!

Many thanks

·
Registered
6,493 Posts
It should be pretty easy to figure out. From memory, one of the coils connects to cyl 1 and 4. This should be pretty much impossible to get wrong, as one lead is very short and the other very long!

The other coil is for cyl 2 and 3, I have never tried but I suppose it might be possible to mix them up? It should be fairly obvious which one goes where, but worst case if they are the wrong way around then just swap them over.

·
Registered
93 Posts
You sure you want this bike? You sure it actually runs? I would require a substantial discount in price to take someone's word that he just can't remember where the wires go.

·
Registered
8 Posts
hi coil 1 and 4 (black/white wire) coil 2 and 3 (blue/yellow wire) if you sit on bike cyl 1 is on the left and 4 onright

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all the help guys! managed to sort this and she runs great. I saw the bike running before he attempted to change the plugs, totally trust the seller as the seller is a family friend and knew him when it was bought brand new.

What a bike! I think it's love!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts