Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so having a issue with the cylinder 1 filling with fuel causing to run rough and back fire a lot till it dies what can cause the carb to just dump fuel into the cylinder

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
so having a issue with the cylinder 1 filling with fuel causing to run rough and back fire a lot till it dies what can cause the carb to just dump fuel into the cylinder
Could be wrong float height, have you done any work on the carbs recently?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no it was working good then bike sat for a few weeks when I rode it again got a few blocks from my house and it died also it was back firing every time I let off the throttle

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Hi , first check if you have a spark at number 1 cylinder, the back fire is igniting fuel in the exhaust, if you have spark , try tapping (lightly) the fuel bowl on number 1 with the rubber handle of a screw driver just incase the float is stuck,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have spark and I have taking the jets and float out and cleaned them put it all together and then had the same problem

·
Premium Member
2,446 Posts
Did you check float height when you reassembled, dont think on your model that the float is adjustable, but could be that the float needle isnt seating

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,881 Posts
The only way to overflow a carb and/or cylinder is to have fuel getting past the float NEEDLE VALVE. That can happen in 3 ways. Float is bad (they are non adjustable), float needle is bad and leaking, or debris on the float needle seat. It’s even more specific like that when it’s only happening on 1 cylinder. Give all that a look.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
What IanDoohan says. Check none of the vacuum pipes are pinched/split as this can effect thinks but I'd go with dirt or bad needle valve.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts