Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know if the 1krr fork with fit the 954? is both the fork length the same ? thinking of changing it to my ride

·
Registered
737 Posts
You will also need the complete 1KRR front end, including wheel, fender, rotors, master cylinder and calipers.

Then again, that's probably why you want to do the mod, right? LOL!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You will also need the complete 1KRR front end, including wheel, fender, rotors, master cylinder and calipers.

Then again, that's probably why you want to do the mod, right? LOL!

the triple clamp and front wheel will bolt on nicely , just need to change the caliper and fork with some spacer on the caliper to fit the 330 mm rotors

·
Registered
105 Posts
So have you done the conversion yet? Are 1000rr Forks Better than 954 forks? Any improvements doing he swap?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I have 1krr forks on my 954,if you use the 954 rotors you will need 10mm spacers for the calipers.Dan Kyle sells them for like $85,or you can customize the stock 06 1krr spacers to work like I did.The stock 06 spacers are 5mm in thickness,so you just need to double up on the spacers.Also the 1krr forks are 25mm shorter.Any other questons let me know

·
Registered
212 Posts
Alpine,

Can you post up a picture of your 1KRR forks on your 954? I would like to see how it looks. How does it ride and handle?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Zhart

Right now I havent taken any pics with the 1krr forks yet.As for how it handles,well crappy in my case.I went from ohlins R & T forks to the 1krr,and on top of that I was in a rush to get them on as the club I am in was haveing an event.To make a long story short,I forgot to check the settings on the forks before I took it for a test ride.First wheelie I did and the forks bottomed out and busted a fork seal.Jerks who sold me the forks had them set all the way to soft.So I got some parts on order now.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I do a lot of drag racing and my swingarm is getting stretched,when I bought the bike the ohlins forks were on it.So I sold them to someone who would benefit from them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just put 1000rr forks on my 929. Used 929 wheel and rotors. For brakes, 05 gsxr1000 calipers bolt up without spacers. Use 1000rr caliper bolts, though.

With fork caps flush with top of top triple + penske at shortest setting, bike feels great. (190/50 rear tire)

·
Registered
511 Posts
Curious; aside from Radial Mount Calipers, what would be the obvious benefit of using the 1K Fork? Does the 1K Fork offer more adjustability (over the 954's stock Fork) via clickers, i.e. high speed, low speed compression dampening and so forth?

Would this mod make more sense than say having the Stock 954 Fork modified professionally...cost wise that is? Hmm...

·
Registered
212 Posts
How are the new brakes? The Gix calipers bolt directly up?

I'm looking into doing this mod on my 929. What are the advantages of the Gix calipers?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts