Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gday guys,
just thought I would give you my 2 bobs worth of input on pipes for the 1KRR.
My dealer was holding a Micron ti pipe for me. I was just concerned on what effect removing the HTEV would have on the power low down. He agreed to use that pipe on there demo and then I could make my own mind up. Well I have and I am getting a C/F Micron fitted Friday. Basically there is no real perceptable effect on the delivery under 4 grand. :thumb:
After 4g it felt actually sharper and just abit more punch with alot more music and she was still pure smooth. So my view is that the sardine can they bolt on before the muffler is purely for compliance and emission issues.

I think anyone considering slipons should not be concerned about any negative result. In the case of Micron they have really done there work.

Will post sound and pics this weekend. Now get out there and make some noise :evilaugh:

Dave

ps. did I mention Redwing Honda say the micron is worth another 4hp at the rear :clap:

·
Registered
5,183 Posts
:huh: so are you getting a full system or just a slip on :idunno:

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
I'll have the full Arata systems here atthe end of the month. I'd expect at least 10h.p out of those. Arata do a slip on for the 600RR, so I can't see why they won't for the 1000. Just have to wait and see.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts