Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,

After a few years away from a CBR600, I bought an immaculate low mileage 929 a couple of weeks back. (and i'm in love):)

However, I notice that the 'flash' headlamp option has stopped working. (I checked that it did when I bought it). The headlight, main beam etc are still fine.

- what do I need to check please?

Many thanks

Chris.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Re: 1st post, - help needed please.

Hello,

After a few years away from a CBR600, I bought an immaculate low mileage 929 a couple of weeks back. (and i'm in love):)

However, I notice that the 'flash' headlamp option has stopped working. (I checked that it did when I bought it). The headlight, main beam etc are still fine.

- what do I need to check please?

Many thanks

Chris.

Do you mean the high beam flasher button on the left switch cluster isn't working?

·
Registered
791 Posts

So the headlight switches low to high when you operate the high beam selector, but doesn't add the high beam when you just press the pass switch?

That would bring you down to just the press button being faulty. Take the switchgear apart, look for broken wires or any melting on the switch, then blast that with WD40 and report back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

So the headlight switches low to high when you operate the high beam selector, but doesn't add the high beam when you just press the pass switch?

That would bring you down to just the press button being faulty. Take the switchgear apart, look for broken wires or any melting on the switch, then blast that with WD40 and report back.

- yep, those are the symptoms. Headligh and main beam work fine, just the 'flash' not working. I agree, it sounds like the switch, however I now notice a kind of 'whirring' noise when I try to flash the light. As though something is powered from the switch, but I just get no light.

- plot deepens... :crap:

·
Registered
791 Posts

- plot deepens... :crap:
Not really, what could easily be happening is a very weak or intermittent contact in the switch, causing the relay to buzz as it's not getting enough power to signal it to switch on properly.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Sorted. Gave the switch a good clean and it seems fine. Sometimes the simplest fixes do work. Thanks for the advice.:thumb:

Did I mention that I just love this bike?!!:smilebig:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts