Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been about 16 months now since I sold my 954 and I finally decided to pick up another bike. I found a leftover '06 (0 miles) for $8850 :smilebig: which seems like a damn good deal to me. Especially since I bought a 929 back in 2000 for $10K. So my progression is:
'93 EX500, '91 ZX6, '00 929 (stolen), '02 954, and now an '06 1000RR...I can't explain how excited I am to go pick it up. The only thing I'm not looking forward to is the stupid break-in period :mad:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Wow,,,congrats on the new bike and I am interested in how do you like your new 1000 over your 954. Your 929 stolen , that had to suck. On well i am sure you are watching the hours on the clock. The only thing I can suggest is takening something to knock you out when you goto bed , because if your anything like me you will up all night thinking about it. :)

·
Banned
4,696 Posts
congrats on the purchase. well will have to get up sometime. i work in portsmouth. i ride with a fella from hampton and a few i work with

·
Registered
25 Posts
+1 on the fugly fender ass...embly. I got a Shock f/e kit and I like that it has the "RR" stamped in the steel. Good luck with the new 1KRR.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys, I'm riding up to Philly tonight with a buddy who's parents live up there and then I'll be riding it home tomorrow. 300 miles of break-in takin care of in one day!!

·
Banned
1,715 Posts
congrats on the new bike :smilierr:

What is it with 900rr's, 929RR's and 954RR's being stolen so often? I'd be interested to know which modern sportbikes do not get stolen so often.

I will partially blame Honda for a poor ignition switch design. There should be a metal cover instead of plastic around the actuall switch. This is why i say lock the bike down to something stationary/solid.

·
Registered
685 Posts
congrats on the new bike :smilierr:

What is it with 900rr's, 929RR's and 954RR's being stolen so often? I'd be interested to know which modern sportbikes do not get stolen so often.

I will partially blame Honda for a poor ignition switch design. There should be a metal cover instead of plastic around the actuall switch. This is why i say lock the bike down to something stationary/solid.

Nothing to do with the ignition,could be made of kryptonite and it would not matter. 2 guys lifting a bike into the back of a van or truck is all it takes . :sniper:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I got back last night and I must say that the trip sucked! My previous longest ride was about 150 miles and the 300 yesterday was horrible. My neck was really sore but that's probably b/c I haven't ridden in a while. Anyways, the bike looks great and I can tell it hauls ass. I've only had it up to 7K rpms and now I'm technically done with the breakin period. My plan is to change the oil/filter and then see what she can really do. I'll post pics later.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Nice purchase hope you enjoy it...i've got a 99CBR900RR been considering getting the 1k...might also get a divorce with it as well LOL!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts