Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here is the deal. I am rebuilding my 929 and it wont be ready for riding season. With that I have thought about buying another bike to ride until my bike is done.

I have looked at all makes and models and once again have came back to the honda family.

Here is the 1st bike

2003 Honda RC51 (red/silver paint) 11,900 miles local to my city and state.

Comes with both seats (racing cowl and pass seat)

Shop manual on PDF (from the orig owner)

Frame sliders (done right)

full micron dual exhaust. (What is the actual value of this)

Power Commander III and all CD's plus the Map to the bike. ( what is the actual value of this)

under tail with intergrated break and turn singles

Flush mount turn singals

red painted wheels

HID bulbs (no not a HID kit)

tax title lisc everything 5,600.00 (I write a check for that amount)

Here is the 2nd bike

2003 Honda RC51 (red/silver paint) 12,200 miles came from ohio

Stock ehaust.

Will have flush mounted turn signals

Will have under tail with intergrated break light and turn singals

Reg light bulbs

Reg wheels

Tax title everything 5,800.00 (I write a check for that amount)

Both bikes are one owner from the looks never been down. I have listened to both of them run and they sound fine.

Now I like the sales guy who has the 2nd bike better. I know a few people who bought bikes from the guy who helped me they were happy with there purchase. And said the sales guy will go out of his way to get decent discounts on parts ect.

But the 1st guy while being up front honest and helpful was the only one there when I went there today. Also they would have no problem re dyno and mapping the bike while I was there after I bought it. I will admit the mods on the 1st bike have been done by either a pro shop or the guy had a pro shop set up at his house.

Here is my delima I have never owned a V-twin and have heard that the only way to purchase one is to get one stock So I am a bit leery on the 1st one just based on that. Also I heard cant confirm that putting the HID bulbs on with out the correct kit could melt the plastic around the housing and or ruin the wire harness? Is that true?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok I am going to assume with no one responding after 65 views that the mods on the one bike should not be a deturant. So with that being said I think I am going to purchase the bike with the more mods then I can have more $$ to put into my 929 rebuild.

·
Registered
547 Posts
Ok here is the deal. I am rebuilding my 929 and it wont be ready for riding season. With that I have thought about buying another bike to ride until my bike is done.

I have looked at all makes and models and once again have came back to the honda family.

Here is the 1st bike

2003 Honda RC51 (red/silver paint) 11,900 miles local to my city and state.

Comes with both seats (racing cowl and pass seat)

Shop manual on PDF (from the orig owner)

Frame sliders (done right)

full micron dual exhaust. (What is the actual value of this)

Power Commander III and all CD's plus the Map to the bike. ( what is the actual value of this)

under tail with intergrated break and turn singles

Flush mount turn singals

red painted wheels

HID bulbs (no not a HID kit)

tax title lisc everything 5,600.00 (I write a check for that amount)

Here is the 2nd bike

2003 Honda RC51 (red/silver paint) 12,200 miles came from ohio

Stock ehaust.

Will have flush mounted turn signals

Will have under tail with intergrated break light and turn singals

Reg light bulbs

Reg wheels

Tax title everything 5,800.00 (I write a check for that amount)

Both bikes are one owner from the looks never been down. I have listened to both of them run and they sound fine.

Now I like the sales guy who has the 2nd bike better. I know a few people who bought bikes from the guy who helped me they were happy with there purchase. And said the sales guy will go out of his way to get decent discounts on parts ect.

But the 1st guy while being up front honest and helpful was the only one there when I went there today. Also they would have no problem re dyno and mapping the bike while I was there after I bought it. I will admit the mods on the 1st bike have been done by either a pro shop or the guy had a pro shop set up at his house.

Here is my delima I have never owned a V-twin and have heard that the only way to purchase one is to get one stock So I am a bit leery on the 1st one just based on that. Also I heard cant confirm that putting the HID bulbs on with out the correct kit could melt the plastic around the housing and or ruin the wire harness? Is that true?
i would go with the first one :thumb: good luck

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok well I put a 100.00 down on both bikes to think it over for a few days I will be going there tomorrow and getting my 100.00 back from the one place and writing up the contract on the 1st bike.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I know my response is late, but I like the 1st bike better except for the wheels. I would have to do something about that quick. See if they can sweeten the deal with a local powdercoater or painter to get them back to stock or a color of your choice. Good luck with the purchase:thumb:

·
Registered
758 Posts
See if they can sweeten the deal with a local powdercoater or painter to get them back to stock or a color of your choice. Good luck with the purchase:thumb:
Of course, that's assuming you don't like the red wheels.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah i am going to buy the other bike. When I called the sales guy of the 2nd bike to talk to him a bit and tried to confirm the "thrown in" parts he retracted so I dont know about the rest of you but I prefer to the point honesty vs killin me with kindness then trying to mark up the price. I will take pics and post my new ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts