Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm taking 1 of my favorite loop routes this morning, before work and I'm noticing all the cute little animals are out playing all Disney like - IN THE ROAD.

So, suffice to say, the world has 2 squirrels and 1 crow (body blow, by the way) less.

This is for clutchslip, who says we can't come up with anything new.:rotfl:

Oh and for all the animal lovers, don't make me pull out my mama duck baby ducks story.

What's your count?

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
I got to play motocross with a road killed racoon the other night...:rant: Felt like I got at least a good foot of air front and rear... Smelled like a VERY bad barbeque when I got home...:hmm: Not to mention that I had to pull hair off my exhaust...

No damage to the bike, thank god, but I guess that is what I get for wearing a dark visor at "dusk". Probably doesn't help I was looking back to see where the rest of the group went, turned back around and bang...

Oh well it could have been a LOT worse.

·
Registered
630 Posts
Oh [email protected], I just had this happen. I was zipping, no LEOs here right?, and this kamakazi squirrel heads across the road. Well, I've done some suicidal things to save dumb animals before, but I hold my line this time.

I worried about that squirrel through 8 miles of zip and 15 mins of rest. On the way back, I see this headless squirrel corpse. God, I felt bad for two days. RIP little guy - you didn't have a forking prayer with a bike at a buck-ten.

·
Yep...that would hurt ya!
1,088 Posts
I have never hit an animal on my bike. My truck....now that's a different story. :eyebrows:

Scout...you will appreciate this: Commanche Road at Hwy 58 - I use to live in the Rio Bravo area. I've hit snakes, squirrels, racoons, possums, and a ROADRUNNER!!!!! Wow...what a death trap that road is!!!

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
I haven't killed any animals on my bike but the other day I killed the biggest freaking bug with my faceshield. Left a 3 inch spattering of yellow goo. it was makign it difficult to see and by the time I found a convience store to stop at and clean it off it was drying green.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tuffy6969 said:
Scout...you will appreciate this: Commanche Road at Hwy 58 - I use to live in the Rio Bravo area. I've hit snakes, squirrels, racoons, possums, and a ROADRUNNER!!!!! Wow...what a death trap that road is!!!
I can't say where I was, but it was real similiar to Comanche.

I feel for the local critters, I gave them hell today.:rotfl:

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
clutchslip said:
Oh [email protected], I just had this happen. I was zipping, no LEOs here right?, and this kamakazi squirrel heads across the road. Well, I've done some suicidal things to save dumb animals before, but I hold my line this time.

I worried about that squirrel through 8 miles of zip and 15 mins of rest. On the way back, I see this headless squirrel corpse. God, I felt bad for two days. RIP little guy - you didn't have a forking prayer with a bike at a buck-ten.

It's almost like they've been practicing with 55 mph vehicles, and they think they can make it...:rotfl:

·
Registered
354 Posts
The funniest squirrel I've seen was on my road bicycle. I was drafting behind my buddy when a freaking squirrel leaped from behind a bush and under my buds front tire. The damn thing sprung right out from the tire and took off across the road!

On a side-note, I used to have a pet squirrel. She was a cool pet, very humorous and would steal chocolate like no-ones business.

·
Registered
10,531 Posts
I've put two cars out of commision for a while with deer, and not the little dogs some refer to as deer. Almost hit a bull elk once in my old Toyota pickup. That scared the piss out of me. I've hit plenty of small game and a couple birds with cars and trucks.
On the bike, I've only taken out a chipmunk, rattlesnake and jackrabbit. The jackrabbit had me nervous, but the bike actually didn't really get all that out of shape.

·
Registered
354 Posts
BDA116 said:
I Almost hit a bull elk once in my old Toyota pickup. That scared the piss out of me.
Holy crap!!!! :eek: Those suckers are huge!!! I hope I never cross one, unless I have a high-powered rifle and a tag. lol.

·
1,088 Posts
Scout said:
I can't say where I was, but it was real similiar to Comanche.

I feel for the local critters, I gave them hell today.:rotfl:
You can't say where you were because????? It might give you up???? Just wondering - I'm cool with your secrets Scout. As long as their not the type of secrets that make one nervous! :eyebrows:

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
tuffy6969 said:
You can't say where you were because????? It might give you up???? Just wondering - I'm cool with your secrets Scout. As long as their not the type of secrets that make one nervous! :eyebrows:
I just don't post my favorite roads to keep them my favorite roads - read "no traffic", but I'll show you sometime. :D

·
1,088 Posts
Scout said:
I just don't post my favorite roads to keep them my favorite roads - read "no traffic", but I'll show you sometime. :D
Sounds good Scout - next time I'm in B-Town we need to hook up for a ride. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,930 Posts
You haven't hit anything on a bike until you hit a cow. It wasn't me that did such a thing, but I had to pick up my uncle's wreckage.

As for personal animal kills on a bike. I've gotten a few snakes, a squirrel or two,about 10 birds over the past few years, a cat, and I almost clipped an armadillo (Glad I missed that one).

1 - 17 of 17 Posts