Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7,724 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever ride their RC's 2 up? I hear that thing they call a passenger seat is super small but is it smaller front-back or side-side then a regular streetbike seat or just in thickness of the material? B/c the thickness can be added to with some new foam.

I know I ask to many question but thats b/c there are to many different bike and all are so different and I just have to know :D

:cheers:
Tom

·
Premium Member
5,711 Posts
The guy who owned my RC before I did used to take passengers all the time. Heresy, if you ask me. :idunno:

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
TGZ13 said:
Anyone ever ride their RC's 2 up? I hear that thing they call a passenger seat is super small but is it smaller front-back or side-side then a regular streetbike seat or just in thickness of the material? B/c the thickness can be added to with some new foam.

I know I ask to many question but thats b/c there are to many different bike and all are so different and I just have to know :D

:cheers:
Tom
yes. but not with the seat on... :rant:

·
Registered
6,134 Posts
Not unless the passenger is a midget. Never tried it but I'd think that anyone over 5' will be uncomfortable in a matter of minutes. It's a superbike for phuggin sakes, not a gullwing :smilebig:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
it's no big deal.

I have given my girl a ride on the RC with the stock setup, and she said it felt like her knees were up to her chin....but after I added the satos and the peg adaptors she said her legs have more room, and shes not as nervious about the pipes burning her. We go for maybe 10 miles around town for shitz and gigz...or just to the store or something. she tells me the seat is about as good as a peice of cardboard...and shes right. but...that's why I ride in the front seat. :D

·
Registered
2,477 Posts
showmethebombs said:
it's no big deal.
I have given my girl a ride on the RC with the stock setup, and she said it felt like her knees were up to her chin....but after I added the satos and the peg adaptors she said her legs have more room, and shes not as nervious about the pipes burning her. We go for maybe 10 miles around town for shitz and gigz...or just to the store or something. she tells me the seat is about as good as a peice of cardboard...and shes right. but...that's why I ride in the front seat. :D
You could always have her sit on the tank facing you with her legs wrapped around you. :eyebrows: :evilaugh:

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
:rotfl: I knew...I just knew that it was going to be taken there! ROFL!

I have a few pics of the wrap around effect from the tank! :) sorry, cannot post though! :) (not like the old days I guess!) LOL

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
I took my ex on rides that lasted hours on my RC... But she was about 5'7" and 125lbs all muscle.

Having said that, I wouldn't do that to someone I love. Its a way small seat and there is NOTHING comfortable about it. If your girl likes to take a beating and keep on ticking, then go for it, otherwise, she'll hate you on anything more sporty than a XX or a VFR.

·
Registered
16,568 Posts
showmethebombs said:
:rotfl: I knew...I just knew that it was going to be taken there! ROFL!

I have a few pics of the wrap around effect from the tank! :) sorry, cannot post though! :) (not like the old days I guess!) LOL

See what you did Conq? :rant: Censorship!!!

:D

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
ah no...that wasn't a jab on the NWS thing...I am in that group! :) I just ment this new model is not as open to posting, as the other one was! :) LOL

·
Registered
90 Posts
My wife is 4'10". She sat on the pillion in the garage when I brought the RC home, and said no f'ing way! Her reason was a bit different though, as she figured she'd be asleep before we left the driveway. She used to fall asleep on the back of the 929, especially going downhill.... :huh:

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I've never ridden the RC51, I've only sat on the postage stamp sized piece of wood they call a seat so I can't be a judge, but I'll give you a little insight on riding 2-up on my TLR, which I believe to be a little more comfortable than the RC.

Basically, my better half insisted that we buy another bike, but knowing how much I love the Tiller, said we should keep it for my short runs and track days. So we bought the Sprint ST.

'Nuff said??

BTW, you can put up with alot of crap when your wife has that attitude about biking!!! :thumb: :hyper: :freebird: :woowoo:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts