Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a way I can check to see if my bike has had the clutch replaced from the Recall. My 2001 929 only has 7,436 miles on it, and I don't know if the recall was ever taken care of.

I know with my Dodge Truck, I can check for recalls and replacement on the Dodge/Mopar website. Anything like this available thru Honda?

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
Your dealer should have access to all recalls. In UK, we can even access it through our motor registration authority:

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did find a few sites that offer a look up, but they all indicated that the recall only went back as far as 2005.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Contact Honda's (powersports) customer service phone & have your VIN handy, the rep should be able to look that info up for you:

Reactions: nigelrb

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I called, all good. THanks for the info.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Correct me if I am wrong but if the recall work was done on your 929RR you should have 2 punch marks like the ones on my 2000 929RR.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,086 Posts
Yes, there were punch marks used to signify specific recalls were done. I believe it should be only 1 punch for the clutch, with the other punch for the fuel line ( believed they recalled that on certain VIN's as well. Honda also used punch marks in the steering head ahead of the VIN for other models.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Was this recall USA only? My 929 is on its original clutch as almost 40,000 miles. no punch marks as per photo above..

1 - 9 of 9 Posts