Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Bladeracer, just found the article on the Hyabusa, will scan it and send it to you via e-mail so you can have a read, hope you find it of interest.:thumb:
They hit 200.2MPH at a smidge under 190 bhp...and they spent £1,446 getting there.

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
Why not add the Hayabusa article to the forum? Would be a nice read (btw was it 200.2MPH according to GPS?)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Hi Bladeracer, just found the article on the Hyabusa, will scan it and send it to you via e-mail so you can have a read, hope you find it of interest.:thumb:
They hit 200.2MPH at a smidge under 190 bhp...and they spent £1,446 getting there.
What year Busa?? I mean 200.2 mph on a Busa really isn't that impressive seeing as how the 99 Busa was NOT governed and could pretty much do that off the show room floor or damn close to it.

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
will give it a try, tomorrow but if not i am sure Bladeracer will be able too, They used a dattalogger, in both directions. and spent a lot of time to get there. Will post after work tomorrow. Rick...........

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:nono: new 2008 with new eu restrictions, and cat..they only pull a true 183mph..

·
Registered
7,366 Posts
:nono: new 2008 with new eu restrictions, and cat..they only pull a true 183mph..
Thats where the fun was restricted... The originals as far as I know weren't restricted (to an extent) ... same as the YZF-R1s when they first came out.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Thats where the fun was restricted... The originals as far as I know weren't restricted (to an extent) ... same as the YZF-R1s when they first came out.
As I recall (and could be wrong) the Busa was only UNrestricted in 99' and 00'. Everything after that got restricted.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Very cool Rick :)
[email protected]
I'll post it into the thread for all to read.
£1,500 for the extra 10mph is very good.
Did they do anything at all to try to improve the aerodynamics?

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
What year Busa?? I mean 200.2 mph on a Busa really isn't that impressive seeing as how the 99 Busa was NOT governed and could pretty much do that off the show room floor or damn close to it.
When you consider how hard/expensive it is to get that extra few mph at that sort of speed being able to do it so cheap is very impressive.

·
Registered
737 Posts
When you consider how hard/expensive it is to get that extra few mph at that sort of speed being able to do it so cheap is very impressive.
Very true. Guess top speed runs just aint my cup of tea but seeing the mods is pretty cool.

No more thread jacking for me. :D

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Very true. Guess top speed runs just aint my cup of tea but seeing the mods is pretty cool.

No more thread jacking for me. :D
Doesn't do anything for me either but I am interested in the physics that make it possible :)
Anything over 200kph on the road is way too fast.
On the track though there's no such thing as too fast :)

·
Registered
900 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi Bladeracer as you can see had no luck posting info so will leave that down too you.....:thumb: They did some aerodynamics, right down to the size of the rider. If it dosnt come through let me know and will try again, either you e-mail me and i will send it back in return, but recon it should go through ok!! You do know this might result in you spending some money on these ideas....mmmmmm enjoy!

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hi Bladeracer as you can see had no luck posting info so will leave that down too you.....:thumb: They did some aerodynamics, right down to the size of the rider. If it dosnt come through let me know and will try again, either you e-mail me and i will send it back in return, but recon it should go through ok!! You do know this might result in you spending some money on these ideas....mmmmmm enjoy!
Much appreciated Rick :)
I'm not interested in that sort of speed - at least not until I find a racetrack with 320kph turns :)
I'm just interested in the "invisible wall" and the amount of work involved in punching through it at those sorts of speeds. Once you're over 300kph it's better to throw money into improving the aero package than trying to get enough power to go faster. Aero improvements start paying off once you get over 200kph.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I would've liked to have seen them do some runs with a bigger pilot to see how much top speed the drag cost them.
Interesting to see the tach reads 10% high as well.

·
Registered
49 Posts
just a bit of info the 99 busa was unrestricted and would run 204mph off the showroom floor add $6200 worth of work and you can add almost 30mph more to that. the new busa's you can do a TRE mod on and restore the 204mph redline the TRE mod cost about $50 and can be done in an afternoon by anyone with common sence

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
just a bit of info the 99 busa was unrestricted and would run 204mph off the showroom floor add $6200 worth of work and you can add almost 30mph more to that.
This is absolute rubbish.
The first Busa was not capable of 200mph - the fastest test I ever saw was 314kph or 192mph.
And you honestly believe a Busa with no matter how much money thrown at it can do 375kph or 234mph...

·
Registered
49 Posts
ok I see your point but I normally don't post with out having facts suzuki lists the bike as having a top speed of 194mph the auto channel lists it at 200+ numerous riders have posted rides in excess of 250 on turbo bikes which you can buy for under $5000 Team Guthrie/ Mr Turbo Racing
"The Hammer" 265.181 mph Loring:Track Record
"Alky" Turbo Busa 259.900 mph Texas:Track Record
"Silver Bike" 251.8 mph Maxton:
Sponsors:Scott Guthrie/Terry Kizer/Catalyst Composites/Tiremax/Speed & Strength/K's Motorspor the worlds fast mile posted on a busa was run at 256.79 mph which can be looked up on youtube i might be wrong about things but i normally have facts to back me up in august of this year a record was set on a P-P which is a full production with maybe a gear change [email protected] by Vance & Forstall so 230 is very possible for not alot of money. Thanks for the doubt I love a good debate as long as it stays civil

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
ok I see your point but I normally don't post with out having facts suzuki lists the bike as having a top speed of 194mph the auto channel lists it at 200+ numerous riders have posted rides in excess of 250 on turbo bikes which you can buy for under $5000 Team Guthrie/ Mr Turbo Racing
"The Hammer" 265.181 mph Loring:Track Record
"Alky" Turbo Busa 259.900 mph Texas:Track Record
"Silver Bike" 251.8 mph Maxton:
Sponsors:Scott Guthrie/Terry Kizer/Catalyst Composites/Tiremax/Speed & Strength/K's Motorspor the worlds fast mile posted on a busa was run at 256.79 mph which can be looked up on youtube i might be wrong about things but i normally have facts to back me up in august of this year a record was set on a P-P which is a full production with maybe a gear change [email protected] by Vance & Forstall so 230 is very possible for not alot of money. Thanks for the doubt I love a good debate as long as it stays civil
Can you tell me where Suzuki states the Busa does 194mph?
Turbo bikes could probably top 250mph under specific conditions. I'd be surprised if a simple bolt-on kit would do it though.
211mph on a "full production bike" with a gearing change? How exactly do you define "production"? Production means "as produced". When we had a "Production Superbike" class we couldn't even change the muffler. I would think a gearing change is required even to touch 200mph so anything above that would require higher gearing as the rev limiter would stop it going any faster.

·
Registered
49 Posts
that I can do larry, I will post the link in the morning It is time for me to head to work. as far as production that is to the salt flat standards I will also post the link for what they consider production. I have a whole list of hayabusa sites trying to figure out how to build mine I will also try to find the build sheet I am building mine by and scan it in ( my shop is a mess right now just got through building my gmc kodiak) but the build sheet is for a bike that has run 237.672 at bonniville and the complete engine build is under $7000. I understand what you mean about the production class not being able to change anything but some places vary on what they consider production. I will get that info for you

1 - 20 of 20 Posts