Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
try to find a downloadable copy of the service manual, or purchase one. the service manual has instructions for jumping a connector under the seat with a jumper wire or paperclip that will then cause the dash to blink in a pattern of short and long intervals, indicating what fi fault is stored in the ecu. the blinks are defined in the service manual.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok so I'm at my whits end so I just bought this bike it has 11000 miles on it it had been sitting for 20 years the tank was rusted out I cleaned the tank got new pump injectors and for got the bike running rode it for a couple days and I was giving a friend a ride on it and it just died the oil light and red light are on (no blinking) the oil level if fine I tested the oil pressure switch it works I can start it with starting fluid and the oil is pumping so its not the pump I took the fuel line off the fpr and it's got vaccume I don't know what els it can be any suggestions before I blow this thing up?

·
Registered
1,764 Posts
the oil symbol will be on if the engine is not running as there is no pressure - it should go off whne the pressure increases either on the starter or with the engine running.

when you jumped the connector under the seat (following the process described above) did any flashing of the MIL take place? if not there are no Fi codes stored so something else is causing the problem. I'd start with checking the plug coil packs have 12 on the black/white wire; the same on the injectors. check all connectors are clean. test the cam pulse sensor and crank sensor.

hope that helps and keep us posted when you find the anser - it might help someone else!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts