Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to all and thanks in advance!!!

I need to locate a source of switched power for my next mod. can someone please send me opr point me to a a wire diagram for the 2000 929?????please?????:huh:

I am thinking I want to tap into the rear brake light running light (not the turn signals) or possibilly the head light low. I want to run a small fuse block for accessories. 2 cig power outlets and possibly future heated gear... I dont want to hunt and peck my way to the correct wire hacking my baby up along the way...

I just cant seem the correct diagram. :idunno: does anybody maybe have a picture of how they tapped switched power???/

thanks you guys /gals are the best!!!!:clap:

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hello to all and thanks in advance!!!

I need to locate a source of switched power for my next mod. can someone please send me opr point me to a a wire diagram for the 2000 929?????please?????:huh:

I am thinking I want to tap into the rear brake light running light (not the turn signals) or possibilly the head light low. I want to run a small fuse block for accessories. 2 cig power outlets and possibly future heated gear... I dont want to hunt and peck my way to the correct wire hacking my baby up along the way...

I just cant seem the correct diagram. :idunno: does anybody maybe have a picture of how they tapped switched power???/

thanks you guys /gals are the best!!!!:clap:

Did you search the forum?
I posted the Haynes diagrams some years back.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I found one but it seems kind of hard to figure (I am a newbie at reading this things)

Any suggestions on where to tap for this power; fuse box, fused curcuit, head/ tail, light ignition OHH so many choices..... :mad::idunno::hmm:

I will do this. I refuse to pay for this minor mod.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
I found one but it seems kind of hard to figure (I am a newbie at reading this things)

Any suggestions on where to tap for this power; fuse box, fused curcuit, head/ tail, light ignition OHH so many choices..... :mad::idunno::hmm:

I will do this. I refuse to pay for this minor mod.

I would run it directly off the battery and put a toggle switch in the circuit.
It doesn't seem like it needs to be live all the time the ignition is on.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
bladeracer - you are right it does not need to be live the whole time the ignition is on. but it definetly needs to be off every time the ignition is off! It was a pain when I ran it directly off the bsattery on my R1. I was always checking and double checking that I remembered to flip the toggle off and wondering who might flip it while I was away from the bike....I came back to my bike on more than one occasion to find that the outlet or neons were live when I thought they were turned off.***this is one reason why I plan on installing a proximity alarm this time around.

on another subject the R1 weas nice but I think the 929 has made me a much nicer biker - I enjoy power where ever I find it but the honda has me as a fan in a much more complete way...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
One more question anybody see a problem connecting a 12v power outlet to the running light that was dicontinued when I switched over to LED turn signals???

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: 2000 929 wiring please!!!

HELP!!! I have a 2000 929 and I am not sure if I screwed up or not?!?....so frustrating! Ok so I wanted to add a 12V cigarette style power adaptor to my bike for GPS / Radar detector/ phone etc…I wanted it to operate off of switched power I wired old one off directly off the battery with a toggle switch and some ARSEHOLE fiddled with that “cool, little switch” (I wonder what that’s for??), while I was away and drained my battery. So this time I thought I would tap the wire to the low beam headlight, which I did – simple enough. I used the 3M no solder pinch connections since I didn’t have the room or skill to solder in such a tight space then I electrical taped them shut, and waterproofed them with marine grade paste-on electrical tape IT WORKS!!!!
BUT…… now I have a red light glowing on my dash???? I think it’s the MEL/ MAL indicator used to warn of bad things and decoded by the blinking pattern…. Mine now just comes on and stays on: no blinking.
Have I harmed my bike? Can I make it turn off/ operate normally with my current set up? Should I just consider this a non-issue and just wait for the bulb to burns out???

Thanks in advance ….

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Re: 2000 929 wiring please!!!

HELP!!! I have a 2000 929 and I am not sure if I screwed up or not?!?....so frustrating! Ok so I wanted to add a 12V cigarette style power adaptor to my bike for GPS / Radar detector/ phone etc…I wanted it to operate off of switched power I wired old one off directly off the battery with a toggle switch and some ARSEHOLE fiddled with that “cool, little switch” (I wonder what that’s for??), while I was away and drained my battery. So this time I thought I would tap the wire to the low beam headlight, which I did – simple enough. I used the 3M no solder pinch connections since I didn’t have the room or skill to solder in such a tight space then I electrical taped them shut, and waterproofed them with marine grade paste-on electrical tape IT WORKS!!!!
BUT…… now I have a red light glowing on my dash???? I think it’s the MEL/ MAL indicator used to warn of bad things and decoded by the blinking pattern…. Mine now just comes on and stays on: no blinking.
Have I harmed my bike? Can I make it turn off/ operate normally with my current set up? Should I just consider this a non-issue and just wait for the bulb to burns out???

Thanks in advance ….

No idea but if you disconnect the new circuit does the MIL go away?

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Seriously dude - you've posted the same thing in THREE threads now.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sky91 - so sorry to annoy you, but unlike some this bike is the only thing I have worth caring about. yep its a 2000 but in my world it might as well be a custom built and personally delivered work of art. So if my questions seem redundant, or newbie, or even down right picky - now you know why. I am usually broke . My truck is a pos, so is almost everything else I own. I hate my job and my inlaws. The only time I am free is when I ride...... I just want to know that I didn't screw up the only thing "I" have.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
I don't doubt that at all. We're all attached to our bikes, and honestly I hope you fix it. I'm in the same boat as you, not much money to spend on keeping it up and running.

Problem with posting multiple times in multiple threads is that people are going to give answers across the board and it's a bitch to keep track of.

Rule number 6 of the forums:

Do not cross-post. Only post your message ONCE, in the appropriate forum. Do not post the same message over and over in multiple forums. (Or post links to the same message in multiple forums.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts