Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to replace the tank due to the fact it starting leaking, but after replacing the tank the bike will not start. The starter comes on but the bike will not kick over. I already replcaed the plugs, checked the fuses and put in new fuel after draining the old. Im about to deploy and really dont wanna leave with it not starting and it sitting for a year. So any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
567 Posts
I had to replace the tank due to the fact it starting leaking, but after replacing the tank the bike will not start. The starter comes on but the bike will not kick over. I already replcaed the plugs, checked the fuses and put in new fuel after draining the old. Im about to deploy and really dont wanna leave with it not starting and it sitting for a year. So any help would be greatly appreciated
Take tank off, spray starting fluid into the intake track and try to start it.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

Is the pump priming when you turn the ignition on?
Do you have spark?
How long since it ran last?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
yes the pump is priming and it started a month ago for a few seconds and then died
Ok so let's find out which way to go, ignition system or fuel system.

You can buy a new plug, attach it to each plug wire. Ground it to the block, start it and see if you have spark, doing this for each one or

You can just spray starting fluid into it and see if it runs.

Runs, its a fuel issue. Doesn't run, it's a spark issue. Simple and then we'll know which system to focus on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts