Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a 2000 cbr 929rr and was wandering what kind of setup would be good on this bike for performance? this is my first honda and im still a little groggy on knowledge of them. and if i add any certain setup would i still need to get it tuned?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Wont gain a whole lot, but in my opinion, your best bet would be, to get an exhaust system, get rid of the exhaust servo, get rid of the intake flapper, and get a Power Commander. Without doing engine work, that would get you the most bang for your buck. I done the same thing on my 929, and I noticed a difference

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
The only performance improvement I need for my 'Blade is an operator upgrade. I do so much want to be able to get some instruction at a place like California Superbike School

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Everybody always goes automatically for exhaust etc. Best upgrades you can make on a bike IMHO, are rider (first and foremost - you can't ride a fast bike fast if you're only capable of slow), brakes, and suspension. :thumb:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
i just bought a 2000 cbr 929rr and was wandering what kind of setup would be good on this bike for performance? this is my first honda and im still a little groggy on knowledge of them. and if i add any certain setup would i still need to get it tuned?
954 throttle body's and injectors are a good up grade! is the cheapest! and would give about 5 HP:idunno:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
The only performance improvement I need for my 'Blade is an operator upgrade. I do so much want to be able to get some instruction at a place like California Superbike School
there 6 of these vid's, there good! not sure how many times, I have study these clips!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Totally agree ! Good brakes are a must. I've been told that most bikes willl out perform the rider and that in sticky situations if the rider responds correctly the bike will bring you home !
Of course there's exceptions...:huh:

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
If money was no issue this is the order I would do it!

Tires, brake lines steel, Pc3, race shocks or springs front and back, set up for you. exhaust, 954 TB and injectors, 954 swingarm, brake rotors, steering damper, air filter, quick shifter, 954 motor stuff and bored out to 954.

Some of these cost a lot thou! some of it only really makes a differences to racer! for day to day riding, being rich I would do it this way!

brake lines steel 160$, tires as little as 216$, getting your shocks set up for you 100$ ish, pc3 120$, 954 TB and injectors 100$, exhaust 200$, rotors 200$, air filter, steering damper 300$,

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts

I would add lowering the gearing to what everybody else has offered.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i appreciate all the feedback! im looking for all around performance. not just power cuz the bike has enough of that and im satisfied with what it has. a little more wouldnt be bad but the suspension and handling is my main concern for now. i wanna know my bike so i can handle it the way it needs to be so go piece at a time starting with the suspension and handling areas.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts