Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
Need help locating the relay. Right now I have running lights (front) but no blinkers at all. Completely stock system, no LED's. I think the bulbs are ok but looked and did not find the relay. Thought that I had found it down under speedo cluster but I think that it was the headlight relay. It had RC 2208 Mitsuba on it. Looked up the 2208 and all references were to a headlight relay.

I don't have the slightist idea where the relay should be. For some reason I was thinking it looked a lot like/identical to the headlight relay.:(

Symptoms: With bike ignition on or bike idling - have running lights - front
Use signal switch L - Left front goes out R front running light
stays on.

Press cancel and left running light comes back on.

Does same thing when I use the right blinker, right running light
goes out,...:confused:

Never any lights, blinking or otherwise, fromt the back set of lights. Front lights are two-element bayonet type. Unknown number (like 1157 or 1156) but back are single element bayonet 1073's.

Can anyone help me on this?

Bociba:idunno:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, will take a look. I just replaced the windscreen and didn't see anything. There are a few sockets just hanging there but I don't know whether it is a two-prong flasher or 3-prong, etc.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
there should be 2 relays on the back of the cluster. i can't find my damned 929 service manual to check which one it is. :(

·
Registered
336 Posts
take off the windscreen and turn on the blinker....you will hear it click and will be able to feel it if you touch the relay...:thumb:

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
sitting on the bike its the box on the right side behind the guages

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Looking behind the speedo cluster there are no relay boxes; however, there is the one unit I found that has 4 wires to it. Unit says Mitsuba on it. It has a little slot in the rubber housing that should be able to connect to a dual "holder" behind the cluster. There is a grey like connector with a grey cap on it I was thinking it is for a diagnostic. probably 8 wires go to it. thern there is a little black connector, 3 female receptacles - like pins would go in them. This connector is not much bigger than my thumbnail. It has a green wire, a grey wire, and a white w/green stripe wire. That's it. It appears that it may be connected on the right side of the harness - when sitting on bike.

I am thinking that the relay is missing - I do not hear clicking when the power is turned on. Some readers have responded back that I should listen for the clicking.

Is it possible that the black socket end that I have goes in the relay socket?

Anybody know what color the socket is that connects to the relay?
Bociba

Thanks for puttin' up with me on these questions.:O

·
Registered
12,773 Posts
there should be 2 little black boxes, each about an inch long. Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org
that silver piece just above the speedo is one of them. it slides into the little rubber piece and then that slides onto the metal bracket. there should be another box that I think is all black plastic right next to that.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks. Looks like the one little unit (with the rubber slot) probably attaches to that silver piece on the back of the speedo mount. Probably the left side. It is about an inch long. has 4 wires going to it. Looking up the Mitsuba number on the internet it indicates that this is a headlight relay.

No other little inch long boxes. Once again though, there is a black terminal not connected to anything on the right side of the harness.

3 female connections in this little socket. I wonder if this is it! Must be missing.... The actual relay that is.

I tore everything else out from th windscreen area. There are no other boxes.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Thanks. Looks like the one little unit (with the rubber slot) probably attaches to that silver piece on the back of the speedo mount. Probably the left side. It is about an inch long. has 4 wires going to it. Looking up the Mitsuba number on the internet it indicates that this is a headlight relay.

No other little inch long boxes. Once again though, there is a black terminal not connected to anything on the right side of the harness.

3 female connections in this little socket. I wonder if this is it! Must be missing.... The actual relay that is.

I tore everything else out from th windscreen area. There are no other boxes.
Yup, the right side relay, looking from the front at the bike is the headlight relay, the left hand one is your missing turn signal relay, just like CBR929RE mentioned. They are about the same size, as I was just tearing my bike apart today for fun as my rectifier is blown!! Broken Bikes SUCK:thumbd:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts