Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the 1999 cbr900rr exhaust will fit the 2000 cbr929rr? Cant seem to find a full system for the 929 but dont seem to have any trouble finding it for the 900.

·
Premium Member
1,616 Posts
My initial thought is no way will it fit because the 900 is a 918 and fueled by carbs whereas the 929 is fueled by injection. I just conclude that the porting would be different and therefore the headers would be different.

I'm sure someone will provide a definitive answer in due course.

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,881 Posts
Right you are Nigel. The carbed 900's pipe are fairly symmetric as they come off the head, whereas the 929's have to serpentine around the oil filter and angled oil pan, so they are very oddly shaped. No, they would not fit IMO.

And welcome to Fireblades Tibbetts (y)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm having a hard time finding a full exhaust system for the 929 other then 1 for like 2200.00 dollars and that's just not going to happen.

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
not sure why they are so rare - i bet quite a few bikes have ended up in hedgerows over the years. You could buy a whole bike for less than the 2,200 dollars the OP mentioned! LOL

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yea that's kind of the point there. I only paid 3000 for the bike with 8600 miles on it. May just end up build my own underbelly exhaust.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have the same issue - removed the flap in the airbox - and wanted to fix the valve in the exhaust to the open position by welding it - but their should be a more elegant way of doing this;
BTW: anybody got a PC for this bike somewhere?Really want one - and not going to pay full retail (+400 euro!!) for these things...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know if the 1999 cbr900rr exhaust will fit the 2000 cbr929rr? Cant seem to find a full system for the 929 but dont seem to have any trouble finding it for the 900.
i have the exact same query in reverse. Will a set of headers off a 2000 fit a 99.. Again, has anyone done this? Will they marry up or can they be modded?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts