Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Selling my 929. Red/White. 14,600 miles. Jardine exhaust, power command, HTEV eliminator, frame sliders, sportech windscreen. New spark plugs, air filter, new chain/sprockets last season. Has a ticking noise coming from the valves. Seriously doubt it is anything serious, might get it fixed before its sold. Asking $5,000, any reasonable offer will be considered. Bike is located in topeka, ks. email [email protected] with any questions or if you are interested.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
not for sure what the ticking noise is. it's a long story. It started with a spark plug change then a chunk of metal got dropped into the cylinder. Couldn't get it out so I pulled the head, got the metal out, put it all back together. I had the timing off a couple teeth, i suppose it could've bent a valve or maybe just one of the shims is out of whack. I know everything ran perfect before I took it apart and it runs good now, just that ticking. There's no metal shavings in the oil or anything. Pretty certain it won't take much to fix. Here's one picture of it, I can get more when I get home.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g46/Blur929RR/IMG_0069.jpg

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Not going to part it out just yet.... i'll let you know if I do though, I'd rather just sell it, it's a good bike. I saw a clean 929 frame on ebay going for at least 1500 bucks so parting it out has crossed mind though.

·
Registered
876 Posts
bump... still for sale.... price is now $3600
HOLY COW HUN.... that's one hell of a good price... (considerin the ticking isn't anything serious...)

damn only 14k miles... wow I put that many on the first 6mths I got mine :p

good luck.. I'll pass this info on to some freinds on another board to try and help ya... know of a couple lookin for bikes in that price range... unfortunately I don't think they'd wanna have to deal with the shipping of it from KS to MI :(

E.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.