Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I parked my CBR sometime around the beginning of November not knowing that it would be sitting for the winter. Soon after bad weather came so I covered the bike. A month or so later I tried to start it and the battery died. I charged the battery and the same thing happened. It died before the bike ever got started. Hoping that the battery just went bad, I bought a new one. Now it's the same story with a new battery. Anyone have suggestions? I thought of draining the carbs but haven't done so yet.

·
Banned
474 Posts
Drain the carbs and smell the gas. If it sticks in the throat is the robust smell, well, not that robust like smelling coffee, but fresh gas leaves nothing in the throat for me. You can drain the tank, pour that in the car to dilute, no problem there, but if the fresh gas in the carbs do not start it, a cleaning shows if the choke keeps it running and it shuts off with choke sent home, then the low speed jets are clogged.

·
Registered
7,455 Posts
Andrew: Stop being lazy. :evilaugh:

It's your bike to maintain, get out the service manual and get some of the simple things done after your winter storage.
Haven't drained the gas from the float bowls? C'mon man! You're supposed to do that before storage, or at least run some Stabil through the bike.

I'll bet your carb is gunked up from our ethanol-treated gas sitting in there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts