Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I am BRAND NEW to riding and to this site so I thank you a head of time for your understanding and patience as I am trying to learn all on my own (well except of course the help I get here!) I desperately need help figuring out why my 2000 shadow dumps coolant as fast as I put it in? It doesn't matter if the bike is hot or not.

·
Premium Member
2,007 Posts
The best way to figure this is to ensure all areas of the radiator, reservoir tank and hoses are dry.

Then do your top up and (even with torch) monitor all areas, especially hoses and their clamps/joints. With hope, it will be only a split or worn hose.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The best way to figure this is to ensure all areas of the radiator, reservoir tank and hoses are dry.

Then do your top up and (even with torch) monitor all areas, especially hoses and their clamps/joints. With hope, it will be only a split or worn hose.
Thank you!!

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
I would be lookin for something like a cracked pipe at the bottom of the radiator or a stone might have punctured it.

·
President: Team Full Chat
8,086 Posts

Hi there,
I am BRAND NEW to riding and to this site so I thank you a head of time for your understanding and patience as I am trying to learn all on my own (well except of course the help I get here!) I desperately need help figuring out why my 2000 shadow dumps coolant as fast as I put it in? It doesn't matter if the bike is hot or not.
Hi and welcome.

And by “torch”, he means Flashlight. Please don’t use a “torch” on you bike, it may burn 😂🤪😉

I’m with the others. It sounds like there is a hole in a hose, a hose not connected, or a loose/broken clamp or fitting.
Can you post a quick video of exactly where and how much “dumps” out?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts