Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got back from a guy that has an '01 (Red/Blk) with 3570 miles, comes with Scorpion alarm, tank skin, and Pit Bull stand. Original owner, manuals, all paperwork.

The damn thing is flawless/beautiful and stock. Does this price seem too high? Dealers here are asking $7500-$7700 for bikes in worse condition and they do not include any of the mentioned items.

Thanks, Justin

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
performula said:
I just got back from a guy that has an '01 (Red/Blk) with 3570 miles, comes with Scorpion alarm, tank skin, and Pit Bull stand. Original owner, manuals, all paperwork.

The damn thing is flawless/beautiful and stock. Does this price seem too high? Dealers here are asking $7500-$7700 for bikes in worse condition and they do not include any of the mentioned items.

Thanks, Justin
I have looked at:

www.kbb.com
www.nada.com

The average price is $69XX.

·
Registered
60 Posts
performula said:

Thanks, Justin
I bought my '01 B/Y 929 with 4300 miles, full yosh pipe and EMS, brake lines, wind screen, frame sliders, single piece race seat, fender elim kit, carbon fiber front fender probably something i'm leaving out... for 8k tax/tag/title w/ 2 helmets and a jacket.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Bacchus said:
That may be Halcyonist, but everyone (mostly) here knows that red/black is worth a shit-load more! :D

:lmao: I shoulda consulted you guys before I bought mine. Damn, wonder if I should try to sell mine and opt for a R/B ? :p

·
Registered
257 Posts
performula said:

Thanks, Justin

$7250? For another $1250.00 you can have mine. Mine is Y/B so it is faster :eyebrows:

sloduck

·
Registered
10,811 Posts
Sad to say perf, but I think Conq & Critz nailed it. I don't know why Honda's resale value is so bad on the 929/954 models, but it appears that it is. Just put it is your local newspaper for a reasonable price and see what happens :idunno: .

·
Registered
121 Posts
I just bought an 01 with Lindemann forks, ohlins shock, attack rearsets and a jardine, 14K miles, down once at very low speed (claimed to be and looks to be under 10mph) for $5400. The price you're being asked is way too much -- if 954s are going for $6500, I wouldn't pay anything over $6000, and probably more between $5500 and $6000.

And why are 929s worth so little? They are, as of a month from now, third generation bikes in a bad economy in the winter. Note what happened to VFRs after the 02s came out -- prices dropped through the floor overnight, and are now fully $1500 below blue book. There has been some recovery in the VFR market because the 02 has not proved so popular over time, but that is not a problem in the 954 and presumably 1000 case.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I think that's a reasonable price. While you're at it I've got a computer I'll sell ya'. PII350 32MB RAM, I'll let you have it for $800. :welcome: :smilebig:

·
Registered
311 Posts
performula said:

Thanks, Justin
Can't really go by dealer's asking price. I have a dealer close by still asking 10k +tax for an '02 954. The red/blk is cool, but it is still a used bike and an '01 at that. Offer him something in the low 6k range and tell him to call you when he comes to his senses. :eyebrows: Spring will soon bring all the '04's out and '01 values will drop even further.

·
Registered
219 Posts
How can someone sell a flawless bike like a 929, I love my 9, nooo problems at all with it and i'm never selling it.

·
Registered
304 Posts
trey said:
How can someone sell a flawless bike like a 929, I love my 9, nooo problems at all with it and i'm never selling it.
I agree, I was going to sell my 929, but its a great a bike and couldnt come up with a reason to sell it. Hell, I never ride it though. I only have like 5000 miles on the 929, its in perfect condition, and when ever friends come stay for the weekend its a really easy bike for them to just jump on and go. I got offers of $7000 last summer, really good price, but I'll keep it, it looks good as a piece of furniture in my living room. :eyebrows:

·
Registered
525 Posts
I am pretty sure you can get a brand new 954RR for like 8400ish.

That 929 is probably worth like 5500ish

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hey man, if it's a clean bike and it's what you want. Go for it! Have you ever the expression "you get what you pay for"?

·
Registered
108 Posts
performula said:

Thanks, Justin
That price is too high!

My s/b, flawless '02 954 is f/s at $7500 with the goodies, and $7000 stock.

Good luck in your search!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts