Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2001 929rr, And it is leaking oil somewhere on the left side of the bike. It is not a bad leak, only a few drops when I am riding. I was just wondering if this is a common problem for this bike?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
Almost all leaks manifest on the LHS since bikes lean to that side.
It's not uncommon to damage the cases on the LHS in a crash as the stator cover and stator are easily smashed.
Clean everything and warm the engine up to determine exactly where the oil is coming from.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Just replaced the stator cover on the left side of my 01 929 earlier today. I accidentally knocked my bike over inside , in my room on carpet and it cracked the very bottom of the stator cover! : { Ordered one from ebay..original Equipment still in sealed box with gasket for 80 dollars shipped. Took me about 30 minutes to change it out. No more oil leakage.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I will suggest to replace the Stator/Alternator Gasket and cover; RUDELY is right about the price; ebay/google those parts. But once that you open the cover all the oil WILL COME OUT, Heads up.

I just did that project a few days ago, ping me if you need more details but if you do have the 929rr's owner's guide go to the Stator/alternator section.
Good luck

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
If you lean the bike to the right you won't lose the oil.

·
Registered
32 Posts
just got a cbr 929rr and same thing leaking oil from stator side ,took off the cover and there was perma text gasket on the cover !! ordered a new gasket hope thats all i need

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
If you mean the main oil gallery plug, no.
I think it might even specify loktite?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
The only reason I can imagine it ever being loosened is to check oil pressure or during a total rebuild.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts