Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My engine is in a sandrail, and it starts and runs/idles real good, just replaced plugs, and i can drive in 1st gear okay till i hammer on it then it stalls out like no fuel, i have the fi and red light on so i need to jump the plug and flash some codes tonight but any ideas? im running a walbro 255lph gsl392 pump with stock reg. which seems fine, pump should run at 50-60 psi with the reg. controlling it on my fuel rail?? But seems electronic to me??

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i found a dead spot in the sweep ohm checking my throttle position sensor, i just got one in the mail today and will try it tonight after work. but to verify i pulled the plug off it while running and it would rev and run perfect but no idle obviously from unplugging it, so im pretty sure i found it, surprised it didnt throw a code for it though?

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
i found a dead spot in the sweep ohm checking my throttle position sensor, i just got one in the mail today and will try it tonight after work. but to verify i pulled the plug off it while running and it would rev and run perfect but no idle obviously from unplugging it, so im pretty sure i found it, surprised it didnt throw a code for it though?
That's strange, it should've thrown 8 flashes at you.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
okay got her all set, the guy i bought the engine from had the harness on the engine already and had the map and tp sensor plugs backwards, they are the same plug! damn, so fixed that and it runs alot better but now i still have a leanish miss between 5-6k then it clears up and hauls ass to 12k! cant get anymore codes, i must have a dead spot in a sensor somewhere still. i replaced the throttle body assy with tp sensor installed and did not change. i think the map sensor is flaking out??? any ideas???

·
Registered
59 Posts
try checking exhaust valve, I had the same problem and it turned out to be the exhaust control valve connected to servo other way round... instead of going upwards it was going downwards at 3k and then upwards at 7k, where it should be other way round... if you have unplugged your servo, then set exhaust valve to upwards position, otherwise try playing with pc....
here is the forum where i sorted mine one out, might be useful...
http://www.fireblades.org/forums/honda-fireblade/94007-cbr-929-ignition-ht-coils.html

·
Registered
59 Posts
i've noticed you don't have exhaust control valve, so that might be the case... you might need a pc and custom map...

·
Registered
59 Posts
Have you still got the valve with servo? try connecting it to see if it will do anything... Because the valve changes back pressures at 3k and 7k rpm, and if the valve is out of positioning or you got full exhaust you are running lean in mid range and with full throttle things are even worse...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah that makes sense, i do have it so ill try it and see, do you have to tune the valve out of the equation with a pc if you remove it?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Well ideally you should throw your vehicle on rolling road and tune pc map according to your exhaust and air intake setup to get the best result, you could do it manually but it takes time as trial and error always do... so yes, the valve can be eliminated :]
I had my servo motor cogs stripped so i unplugged it and played a bit with that valve, no good results, unless you keep the valve upwards but then I loose a bit of top end... no good results... thought of getting pc but at the end the cheapest option was to replace the servo with other second hand one...

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so i removed my servo and locked the valve to the open position and then installed my power commander 3 and tuned to full exhaust and k&n (micron tune) and still have that 600 rpm dead spot bad! but then at 7000 hold on to your ass! Any ideas??? ohm sweep any sensors?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
so i removed my servo and locked the valve to the open position and then installed my power commander 3 and tuned to full exhaust and k&n (micron tune) and still have that 600 rpm dead spot bad! but then at 7000 hold on to your ass! Any ideas??? ohm sweep any sensors?

Adjust the values in that area of the map by +5 and see if it gets better or worse. If it gets worse, try -10. Play with it until you get what you want.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts