Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning Fireblade fam.
For those who know and would love to share their brains with me. Is it possible to drop the motor without having to completely take apart the bike. I want to get it back together as soon as possible. Any help would be amazing.... Thank you from the great WET state of Oregon.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
hi :hi: pics of said '29, or we're not helping you t'all :nono:

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
there are a couple videos on youtube of people pulling the frame n everything attached to it other than the engine off. itll be fun either way but yeah, you can get the engine out without taking EVERYTHING apart. : )

·
Registered
224 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]

You can remove the upper front frame mounts and the lower shock bolt and basically split the bike in two. I recently completed a full rebuild so if you have hangups I may have fresh answers. Whar are you out to accomplish?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i swapped a car i had for this bike. the guy said it had a little knock, i was in need of a project so i went ahead and swapped. It started right up and had a slight knock on the clutch side. i did some reserch and poked around. he had said he tightend the cct already. i looked for the oil level and didnt see any. but just in case i had too take the motor and fix it my self i try to find the easiest way.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
[/URL][/IMG]

You can remove the upper front frame mounts and the lower shock bolt and basically split the bike in two. I recently completed a full rebuild so if you have hangups I may have fresh answers. Whar are you out to accomplish?

right on, thanks.

·
Registered
34 Posts
As far as I know, no you can't and no I can't imagine you'd want to either. I rebuilt my first 929 over the course of a couple weeks, it wasn't that hard to do either. Definitely download a service manual, biggest help out there. I just got her running this summer, here's the first startup. Excuse the blurryness, this was on a broken phone lol.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts