Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I have an 01 929rr and am in need of a new ecu. Does anyone know ins and outs of this enough to tell me if there is an alternative model year that would be compatible? I've heard maybe 954RR ecu would work. I can only find 1 929 ecu on ebay but many 954's. Any help advise would be great. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,925 Posts
Hi Justin and welcome.

I cannot give you a definitive answer, but while the 929 and 945 are 'sister' bikes, I cannot imagine that the engine management system will be the same because of different fuelling in the way of upgraded injection over the 929.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So let me throw this out there as well... Our issue started end of last season as no charge on the battery. we replaced stator and rectifier. Problem fixed. Then My sons girlfriend bought a new battery for him and it was a lithium battery. After riding it the battery was screaming and hot. Went to refire and the 20A fuse for the fuel/igniton blew. Replaced fuse and blew instantly. So basic mechanics says theres a short somewhere. We pulled all harness apart and found eveything in good shape. I ohm tested and found huge resistance and unplugged until it stopped. The problem is showing the ecu is shorted somewhere. Anyone have any helpful input? Thanks in advance!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts