Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

2001 CBR 929 Power Commander Help

6K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Sky91 
#1 ·
Hey guys, so I bought an older used power commander III Serial and I installed it on my 929. It came from an erion edition 929 and had an unknown map loaded onto it. Being the kinda person that has to mess with everything, I decided to turn up my fuel to see if I could shoot flames or get some sweet results. However, I just turned up the rich led with the three buttons on the power commander. Right now it's two marks down from all the way rich on low one mark down on medium and all the way rich on high. It doesn't shoot out any black smoke or stutter with it tuned this way, but I just changed my spark plugs and would prefer to not foul them with fuel. So basically my problem is I am having a very hard time finding a correct serial cable and have ordered a couple on ebay and am still waiting for the one I think is correct to come. So my question is, can someone share with me their button tune? I realize this is a crude method of tuning a pc but it's my only option at the moment. A little more info about the bike: Two Brothers slip-on, stock header and custom fabbed midpipe with stock HTEV, oem air filter, flapper mod, -1 +2 etc etc

If you made it through my rambling this far, much thanks in advance. :D

#2 ·
I really wouldn't even waste your time trying to tune anything using the buttons.
Does the bike run any better with the PC than without it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.