Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trying to get my 01 CBR 929 to run. I have what looks to me to be a weak spark. I have dealt with high energy ignitions on cars ( MSD, HEI, Mallory, etc.) which produce bright blue spark but my bike is shooting dim orange spark. It is the same on all cylinders.
I have ohm tested the coil packs and they test fine on primary and secondary windings.
I don't know what would cause this and I have been told by the local bike shop that my only option is the dealership. Of course there's no dealer close by and I couldn't afford them anyway.
I have codes #1 ,#9, #11 but these shouldn't stop it from starting or at least shouldn't have anything to do with my spark.
My pulse generator tested open on both sides when Ohm tested against ground as did the cam sensor in the head.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, TAT2BOB

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Trying to get my 01 CBR 929 to run. I have what looks to me to be a weak spark. I have dealt with high energy ignitions on cars ( MSD, HEI, Mallory, etc.) which produce bright blue spark but my bike is shooting dim orange spark. It is the same on all cylinders.
I have ohm tested the coil packs and they test fine on primary and secondary windings.
I don't know what would cause this and I have been told by the local bike shop that my only option is the dealership. Of course there's no dealer close by and I couldn't afford them anyway.
I have codes #1 ,#9, #11 but these shouldn't stop it from starting or at least shouldn't have anything to do with my spark.
My pulse generator tested open on both sides when Ohm tested against ground as did the cam sensor in the head.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks, TAT2BOB

Does the fuel pump run?
Do the injectors spray?
Have you tried starter fluid already?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.