Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2001 CBR600 f4i hesitates until i rev it up to about 11k rpm (to blow it out it seems).

Symptoms are as follows!!!!!!!..LOL

- When riding if i open the throttle all the way up it just rides along at the same rpm and speed.

- It jerks along trying to get to the correct rpm.

- It sometimes runs better and smoother when low on gas.

- It jerks along when riding.

- Bike starts right up when i hit the start button.

- I put super charge (injector cleaner) in tank...no results

- Bike has 35k miles but have had major tune-up, plugs and filter replaced.

PLEASE HELP!

·
Registered
7 Posts
sounds like maybe an ignition problem? or perhaps it jumped cam timing. check the ignition and timing of the cams. does it have a powercommander or any mods? you gotta be a little more specific. is it smoking? making any weird noises?

·
Registered
8 Posts
my 91 cbr 600f2 supersport had the same problem until i cleaned out the carbs then ran perfect so i would say lack of fuel

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey just wondering if u happen to fix the bike or if u were willing to sell it i had recently crashed my bike and am looking to find pretty much a rolling chaasis

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
My 2001 CBR600 f4i hesitates until i rev it up to about 11k rpm (to blow it out it seems).

- When riding if i open the throttle all the way up it just rides along at the same rpm and speed.

PLEASE HELP!

I'd check the fuel pressure regulator first.
Pull the vacuum line off and turn the ignition on to prime the fuel rail. No fuel should come out.

·
Registered
18 Posts

PLEASE HELP!
Fattest way to check this is your air-filter. If you're using cleaners than it's probably NOT gas. Run it w/o the filter in and check your idle, if she's still sloppy then it's just further in the system. This is a common occurance though, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was air.

Good-luck! =D

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think it is definitely fuel system... all your descriptions point toward inconsistent fuel feeding/delivery...

I had encountered this same problem on my Gixxer years ago and I checked and serviced everything...

In the end, I found the pronlem to be a blocked fuel line from the bottom of the fuel tank due to debris...

Sometimes the problem is too simple we forget about the obvious..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts