Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.
So I'm looking for any one who has done a chassis swap that can offer any advice before I take on this monumental task at the weekend. I've a 2001 CBR929RR
My chassis is cracked on the inner side and I have a replacement good to go. But, are there any tips for the poor buggers who may have done this before and learnt a few do's and don'ts along the way. The bike is fully assembled so I'm starting at the beginning.
Any advice appreciated.
Cheers

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Hi there.
So I'm looking for any one who has done a chassis swap that can offer any advice before I take on this monumental task at the weekend. I've a 2001 CBR929RR
My chassis is cracked on the inner side and I have a replacement good to go. But, are there any tips for the poor buggers who may have done this before and learnt a few do's and don'ts along the way. The bike is fully assembled so I'm starting at the beginning.
Any advice appreciated.
Cheers
Take photos, lots of them, before during and after. Wiring connectors should be simple. Keep nuts bolts etc with the respective part. Use labels as necessary, freezer bags are good to keep bits together too. Good luck 😊

·
Registered
204 Posts
post pics.
i knew these dudes back in the day who would swap frames for you overnight....the next day they would give you your bike .....
and a handful of bolts
Ziplock bags and a sharpie will go along way in this venture

·
Registered
64 Posts
Did this on 954 over the winter. Actually pretty easy. Seeing how frame mounts to the motor and is separate from the swing arm makes this super simple. Hardest I had was getting the wiring shoved back in to place. Connectors are all self explanatory, there are no duplicates so you cant really mess that up.

Here is a picture of how I supported the bike...

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
It’s super easy to swap frames. It’s only 4 bolts to the motor and 4 bolts to the subframe. Just got my frame back from powder coat this weekend... the hardest part is dealing with the steering stem and getting it tightened correctly. Make sure to inspect your steering head bearings and races and replace them if they are worn. I swapped to a 954 swingarm as well 😬

Attachments

·
Registered
170 Posts
I guess I over simplified it a bit since you can see the other bolt locations in the rear of the frame (it’s been a month since I took it apart) there are a couple bolts in the rear of the frame too. But I swear it’s not hard. I will be putting it all back together this weekend hopefully if not the weekend after so if you need pictures while it’s still apart while I’m reassembling I will happily post them for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts