Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I made a post about two weeks ago about my bike not running right because my stator and rectifier were fried, i replace them both and today i go to start the bike and now my fuel pump relay won't click. I checked the hot wire from the relay harness and hot wired it from my battery and my pump primed, but when I put the relay on and turn the bike on it won't click at all. I tried testing the relay with a multimeter but it will not complete a circuit. This means the relay is bad? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

·
Registered
29 Posts
use your headlight relay in front of the speedo to replace the relay in question. if your bike runs when you use the other (headlight) relay go buy a new relay... beware they're like $39.00 at the dealer. :(

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
use your headlight relay in front of the speedo to replace the relay in question. if your bike runs when you use the other (headlight) relay go buy a new relay... beware they're like $39.00 at the dealer. :(
That's a splendid idea. I wonder if my battery is too weak? I'll put another battery in and see if that has higher volts, when my stator and recti went my battery probably did as well. If that doesn't work I'll replace the relay like you suggested and see if I can get it to throw some codes if it doesn't work. It took me a while to find that relay online, but on ebay I can find them cheap, i called all the dealers around me and not one in stock.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
I made a post about two weeks ago about my bike not running right because my stator and rectifier were fried, i replace them both and today i go to start the bike and now my fuel pump relay won't click. I checked the hot wire from the relay harness and hot wired it from my battery and my pump primed, but when I put the relay on and turn the bike on it won't click at all. I tried testing the relay with a multimeter but it will not complete a circuit. This means the relay is bad? I can't seem to find them anywhere.

No, it means you don't have power going to the relay.

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
That's a splendid idea. I wonder if my battery is too weak? I'll put another battery in and see if that has higher volts, when my stator and recti went my battery probably did as well. If that doesn't work I'll replace the relay like you suggested and see if I can get it to throw some codes if it doesn't work. It took me a while to find that relay online, but on ebay I can find them cheap, i called all the dealers around me and not one in stock.

Try jumper leads to boost it from another battery, but I doubt it's the battery if it runs the pump when you bypass the relay. You need to get power to the relay. Have you tried bypassing the kiilswitch?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
FIXED. My BAS was tripped and had to disconnect it and reconnect and the bike runs flawlessly now. Should have been the first thing I should have checked.... hahaha

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
FIXED. My BAS was tripped and had to disconnect it and reconnect and the bike runs flawlessly now. Should have been the first thing I should have checked.... hahaha

The BAS doesn't "trip" though, it just cuts the fuel and ignition. All that is required to "reset" it is to cycle the ignition.
I would guess the connector was loose or dirty.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Kinda new to this bought a bike and can't find the relay...where would this be located? Also what is a BAS?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts