Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ok this is all i remember from this day: i pulled out of my driveway and made a right turn last thing i remember, then i remember waking up in a hospital bed a week nd a half later!!
This is what i heard; a United States Postal Service driver (he had to be asain riiight sorry no offense) made an illegal U-Turn on a residental street, i dont know what side i hit all i know is what i was told, my helmet cracked on impact i wasnt wearing my jacket like a dumbass cause i was only going down the street to buy a pack of cigs. In the proccess i seperated my shoulder nd cracked 3 of my ribs no road rash thank god!!, i had head that i had brain trama they wanted to cut into my skull to release some pressure, but my dad wouldnt let them so they drilled a hole into my skull to release the pressure build up in my head, i was in a medical indused coma for 5-6 days. i really dont remember the month of decemeber either i got out of the hospital 2 days after christmas, the crazy thing was my address is 931 the billing of where the paramedics picked me up from was 853, that means he had to have hit me 1 to 2 house before 853 which is litterlly about 4-6 houses away from mine WTF seriously WTF... so my bike is gone i spent about 2 1/2 weeks in the hospital. but happy to be alive and breathing, i want to ride again but it looks like its gunna b a good year to a year and half b4 i can even think about getting back on a bike again but im determine to do it :D
anyways this is just a reminder to everybody that rides even tho your 2-6 house away from your home there is always some idiot that is not gunna see you i mean come on i thought the public streets were dangerous but oviously private and residental streets are even worse,
my bike is totaled thank god im not :plus1:
so please if nething comes out of this of me writing this post all i want is for people to more cautious at ALL times even if your on your own street headed towards a major one, cause there is always some idiot that isnt gunna see you, at all times when i was riding i knew i was invisible to everyone and i never thought that i would have been hit litterally 3-5 house away from my own..
also i wasnt going no more then 25 mph and my helmet cracked WTF is that kinda BS just to let you know the helmet i was wearing was an Element Fasttrack Bluetooth O'neal helmet (not trying to bad mouth company but) i wouldnt suggest this helmet to anybody even tho it was cool with the built in bluetooth but i mean come on the helmet cracking at 25 mph and i spent over 200 on the helmet thought it would have been a little bit safer then a cheaper one, but next time i ride and i get another helmet its most definately gunna be and arai
thanks for reading my post and remember BE CAUTIOUS AT ALL TIMES even pulling out of your drive way nd driving down your street.....
im alive, sore and doing well, and thats all that matters to me right now at this moment:D
SO PLEASE BE CAUTIOUS AT ALL TIMES!!!!

·
Registered
900 Posts
Pleased to see you made it through, hope you get fit soon, and back on the new bike you will spend the next few weeks choosing.Oh! and give up them fags...sorry sigs (forget it means something else over there:evilaugh: )they will kill you. Rick.

·
Registered
14,224 Posts
Glad you are semi-OK.

Great post and honesty. It is very easy to say "I am jsut going XX" but this is another lesson of all gear all the time (yes I am not perfect either). I am curious on your description of cracked :confused: I am not familiar with that helmet but there is basically two kinds of shells, fiberglass(CF) and plastic. The plastic should deform and eventually tear but not crack. The fiberglass should crush but not crack (I assume CF would do similar). So it makes me wonder if they had a seam that split or what :confused:

Again glad you are OKish and the USPS should be taking care of everything I would hope.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Glad you pulled up alright in the end.

With regards to the helmet, the fact you got hit in the head by a truck and only suffered slight swelling of the brain instead of a fatal brain injury means your helmet did its job perfectly. The cracking is all part of the helmets design to absorb impacts to reduce any impacts to the user. Remember if you hit anything hard enough it will crack.

Maybe you could send it off to the manufacturer for analysis???

In the meantime, good luck with the rehab and all the power to you when it comes to getting back on a bike.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Glad you're ok Bro. +1 on what guzzla said, remember that all helmets are designed to protect you from 1 impact. Then you throw it away and get another. Some manufacturers offer free replacement in case of a wreck, you could call your helmet manufacturer and see if they do or not (but it doesn't sound like you want another one of their helmets though). Stay on the mend brother.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts