Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

Temperatures in Michigan have finally peaked 45 for a couple days so its time to get the baby ready for another season. Unfortunately no luck.

I stored the bike with a completely full tank of new gas (no additives, stabil etc), it had an oil change about 500 miles before storage and to my knowledge nothing has happened to the bike while sitting in the garage for the past 4 months.

I've replaced the battery and the bike cranks normally, primes the engine normally and I can't figure out whats wrong, I took off the faring and airbox to get at the spark plugs but I don't think that's the problem (i'm no mechanic).
When I hit the ignition the bike will either A) crank normally with absolutely no inclination of starting or B) more rarely it will sputter and almost get the the point where i'm sure its started, only to die when I begin to give some throttle.

I've sprayed starter fluid into the air intakes and tried bump starting it to avail. Any help here would be hot!

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
Hello everyone!

Temperatures in Michigan have finally peaked 45 for a couple days so its time to get the baby ready for another season. Unfortunately no luck.

I stored the bike with a completely full tank of new gas (no additives, stabil etc), it had an oil change about 500 miles before storage and to my knowledge nothing has happened to the bike while sitting in the garage for the past 4 months.

I've replaced the battery and the bike cranks normally, primes the engine normally and I can't figure out whats wrong, I took off the faring and airbox to get at the spark plugs but I don't think that's the problem (i'm no mechanic).
When I hit the ignition the bike will either A) crank normally with absolutely no inclination of starting or B) more rarely it will sputter and almost get the the point where i'm sure its started, only to die when I begin to give some throttle.

I've sprayed starter fluid into the air intakes and tried bump starting it to avail. Any help here would be hot!

Thanks,

How old is the fuel?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
When storing a bike over the winter with a full tank put some sort of stabilizer in it. I'd start there by replacing the fuel

·
Registered
13 Posts
this new gas out sucks... if you don't burn it up completely and let it sit for two weeks in your carbs IT WILL BREAK DOWN and CAUSE A NIGHT MARE for you in your injectors. This new gas break down and create gel up. Stable or additives in gas wont help either.The gas will still break down. Drain that gas burn it... Dont put it in lawnmower or your car burn it in a safe way.

·
Premium Member
32,034 Posts
this new gas out sucks... if you don't burn it up completely and let it sit for two weeks in your carbs IT WILL BREAK DOWN and CAUSE A NIGHT MARE for you in your injectors. This new gas break down and create gel up. Stable or additives in gas wont help either.The gas will still break down. Drain that gas burn it... Dont put it in lawnmower or your car burn it in a safe way.

Best way I know to burn fuel is to go for a ride ;-)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.