Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

2002 954 headlight not working??

17K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  Klay spys 
#1 ·
I have a 2002 954 and the headlight is not working, the bulb is good the fuse is good, is there a relay or something that im missing before i have to trace the entire system? has anyone else had this problem?

#8 ·
the same thing happened to me about a month ago the same symptoms that you are having, it is your starter button on the kill switch wiggle it or seperate the switch and clean and lube the swich with a spray lube and you can also try pulling the switch out some to see if you get your lights back. the reason you dont have lights is that the switch cuts power to the headlights to give more power to the starter when starting the bike. if lubing it doent work might need a new switch but alot of manufactures have the same problem on alot of different bikes.

#11 ·
I just had this same problem. I cracked the kill switch case and found a small wire solder was broken. I resoldered and bam lights were back to working. Quickk easy fix and im sure shop would have cost about 100 to 150 and it actually only took about 30 mins worth of work and sprayed WD40 on cable pulleys for throttle and now isn't so stiff. Hope this helps someone out.

#12 ·
I feel like such a dope. I've been working on "The New Kid" for two days now (took off every piece of plastic again, test'd every connector, followed every harness, double and triple-checked each bulb, took apart the LEFT control block, QUADRUPLE-CHECKED the relay) then put the whole thing back together, got a 5gallon gascan & a book of matches...

...then did something I should've done in the FIRST place. I logged on Fireblades.org and SEARCHED! :deal:

yup. sticky starter button. flicked it out, and voila! LIGHTS

thank you Fireblades.org :cheers:

#16 ·
Been looking at the diagram, must say everything points to a bad Earth wire , and there's the rub , have you done any work on the bike electrically , try pulling out the "C" fuse for Turn signal-Rear Brake light, if there's a problem on the earth it could be interfering with the headlights, try them again with that fuse out, afraid you might have some work on trying to trace the problem, hopefully someone watching might have had the same problem:wink

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.