Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. I just installed my Integrated Mirrors. I'm having a bad flasher issue. They mirrors are good, all the LEDs Work. Before I had normal blinkers up front with LEDs in the rear.

I disconnected the constant power to the Mirror's lights, and now it only has switched power. Both the front and rears blink so fast, they look solid.

Any idea's on where to go with this?

·
Super Moderator
32,034 Posts
So. I just installed my Integrated Mirrors. I'm having a bad flasher issue. They mirrors are good, all the LEDs Work. Before I had normal blinkers up front with LEDs in the rear.

I disconnected the constant power to the Mirror's lights, and now it only has switched power. Both the front and rears blink so fast, they look solid.

Any idea's on where to go with this?
Did the manufacturer's instructions mention needing resistors?

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
In my opinion it is far better to change the flasher unit to one that is not dependnet on current This means a change to the so-called electronic flasher.

·
Registered
147 Posts
I installed some LP semi-flush mount LED's on the front and an integrated tail light and the blink rate was so fast it was actually solid. Once I installed the resistor (in-line with the wires for the tail light) it fixed the blink rate for both the front and the back. They are now normal slow blinking.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much. I'll be sure to head over to the electronics stors after I get off of here tonight and pick up some resistors. Burton - If you are ever up in Bellingham area, you should come for a ride.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I do come up there once in a while, up to Blaine. My brother in law has some land up there we ride dirtbikes at. I've always wanted to ride chuckanut, seems like fun. Ill PM you next time before I head up!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No problem. I rode chuckanut last week. Granted... Until I get the bike fixed upa bit not at speed.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Thats great, it was beautiful out. Ive been trapped inside, i have finals this coming week at UW.

What are you fixing/working on?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts