Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone use the YTX9-BS for a 954rr?

Some dealers have this as the correct battery, whereas some quote the YTZ10S?

I'm nearly sure I used a YTX9-BS in my old 929rr.

The 9-BS is a lot cheaper!

·
Registered
752 Posts
YTZ10S is OEM correct battery. $129.00 for Yuasa, anywhere from $30-$100 for after market on fleabay.

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
retail on that YTZ10S is close to $200 :eek:

·
Registered
752 Posts
:thrdjack:Here you go Unslow. I spent a majority of my life in the great state of New York, Utica, Plattsburg, Middletown and Fort Drum. Unfortunately, I live in New Jersey now. My Uncle retired from the Tioga County Sheriffs department a long time ago.

Attachments

·
Heeza Y Zasch
3,033 Posts
:thrdjack:Here you go Unslow. I spent a majority of my life in the great state of New York, Utica, Plattsburg, Middletown and Fort Drum. Unfortunately, I live in New Jersey now. My Uncle retired from the Tioga County Sheriffs department a long time ago.
NOWAY?! schmall world, eh? that's coincidentally funny :smilebig: looking forward to the possibility of a meet-up next year. Bear Mountain with Ian, Frozone, Spacs, and (who'm I missin'?) right? :cycle: :cycle: :cycle: :cycle: :cycle:
...and feel free to call me Casey or CJ :cheers:

here ya go bladed... you can have your thread back meow :deal:

·
Registered
752 Posts
Is it an actual Yuasa YTX9-BS or a "replacement for"? $17.30USD for a knockoff at Walmart. An actual 9-BS is $67.99 shipped.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
http://www.fireblades.org/forums/general-discussion/111623-batteries.html#post1195803

Yuasa YTZ10S Replacement Motorcycle Battery (12V 8.6Ah)

Just an update: It's been 6 months since I bought this dirt cheap battery and regrettably the bike has sat more than it's been ridden. I deliberately have not used my Tender and every time I have started it she has cranked over strong as new, including this weekend after sitting for a month. Just putting it out there for anyone who needs a battery and is short on cash. I know some of you will frag me for not buying a Yuasa, but save it, some times OEM isn't always superior, or at least not 6x the $ superior. If you can spend the $ on a Shorai, or Yuasa, GREAT! If you're paying a mortgage, an RV payment, maintaining and insuring 6 vehicles, putting a kid through college and still trying to find the $ to have a good time, maybe this will save you a little bit.

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is it an actual Yuasa YTX9-BS or a "replacement for"? $17.30USD for a knockoff at Walmart. An actual 9-BS is $67.99 shipped.
Local place builds theiur own to the exact same spec, full year no quibble guarantee also, the branded Yusas are €80 locally

·
Banned
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
http://www.fireblades.org/forums/general-discussion/111623-batteries.html#post1195803

Yuasa YTZ10S Replacement Motorcycle Battery (12V 8.6Ah)

Just an update: It's been 6 months since I bought this dirt cheap battery and regrettably the bike has sat more than it's been ridden. I deliberately have not used my Tender and every time I have started it she has cranked over strong as new, including this weekend after sitting for a month. Just putting it out there for anyone who needs a battery and is short on cash. I know some of you will frag me for not buying a Yuasa, but save it, some times OEM isn't always superior, or at least not 6x the $ superior. If you can spend the $ on a Shorai, or Yuasa, GREAT! If you're paying a mortgage, an RV payment, maintaining and insuring 6 vehicles, putting a kid through college and still trying to find the $ to have a good time, maybe this will save you a little bit.
Had a zx12r that I put a cheaper battery in, had absolutely no probs, not even my alarm/immob troubled it :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts