Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I acquired a 2002 954rr, motor has 2 windows where cylinder 3 rod decided it needed a vacay. I got another motor and will put tearing the bike down and putting this motor in.

The bike needs a lot, just to say the least. But I'm okay with that.

A little background, been riding dirtbikes since I was 11. I've ridden a lot of 600s, and a lot of Harley Davidsons, but this will be the biggest sport bike that I have ridden or owned.

I'm looking forward to scouring this place to learn about this bike as I get it going again.

I'm 20 miles from nashville if any of you are close by and want to help or whatever.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, I haven't touched the bike much because I had the pleasure of having my kids for the last 2 weeks, but they are going back to their mom today.

So... progress will begin in the coming days.

What I have found in the small amount of time I've messed with it, is that there is A LOT missing. Mostly all the hardware from everything he took off.

My plan was to snatch up another 954, also with a blown motor, but far more complete than this one, but they have cut my overtime at work, so it's going to take me a couple weeks longer than I wanted.

If there is a Works In Progress section I will start a post and continue posting updates there, if not, I will continue to post here. For anyone that might care.

·
Premium Member
1,243 Posts
If there is a Works In Progress section I will start a post and continue posting updates there, if not, I will continue to post here. For anyone that might care.
I care!:)

Project threads are always interesting and help not only those members present, but also the unregistered lookers! ;)

·
President: Team Full Chat
7,654 Posts
Well, I haven't touched the bike much because I had the pleasure of having my kids for the last 2 weeks, but they are going back to their mom today.

So... progress will begin in the coming days.

What I have found in the small amount of time I've messed with it, is that there is A LOT missing. Mostly all the hardware from everything he took off.

My plan was to snatch up another 954, also with a blown motor, but far more complete than this one, but they have cut my overtime at work, so it's going to take me a couple weeks longer than I wanted.

Create a new thread under the 900/954 specific section. That will get the most traffic on your build. As already stated, we LOVE build/resurrection threads. Pictures and documentation intrigue us, but also help others with projects with the narrative and pictures. (y)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts