Honda Motorcycles - FireBlades.org banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone here who could help me?

what is the normal reading for this bike temperature ? i mean average? reading is in fahrenheit.

i wanna know when to worry? i dont know if my engine is now overheating.hehe

Traffic Reading and Hiway reading. im from philippines and its hot here.:mad:

pls advice.

thanks

·
Registered
297 Posts
idk about the 600, but my 954 is usaually at about 200-220 in traffic on a warm day, and maybe 180-190 while riding/freeway. depending on outside temp...

·
Registered
297 Posts
Im not really sure, but ive had my bike get to 230...almost 240* range. I dont think i would worry about that unless it was a regular occurance though. that was just on a really hot day in stop and go traffic. But, if you are concerned about the temp. you can try something called "Water Wetter". it should be availabe at your local auto parts store, and is supposed to bring your temp down at least a good 20* i think...

·
Registered
1 Posts
ok as someone whose fan does not operate, id worry when....the temp gage starts blinking, which i believe is either 240 or 245, been riding for over a year wihtout it. fine when im cruising only prob is stop and go traffic, had to stop and turn bike off for a couple, and remember ur temp continues to rise for a lil even after bike is off.....buy some wetwetter bike coolant, keeps bike like 10-20 degreez cooler than normal and just keep an eye on temp gage and oil since ull be running hot, or get it fixed

1 - 7 of 7 Posts